water dishes

jr47

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
well, i hate to do this but i have to admit i was wrong. i just decided resently to start putting water dishes back in the cages. not that i had noticed they were doing bad but just in case.
so i dug up the buried dish out of my rosea's tank. cleaned it out and filled it up. put it in her cage and she spent at least 11 hours in it. her abdomen is full now. so as much as it pains me i guess i have to join the other side that i have argued with on this point.
i will keep them with water from here out. and all of you that insisted they need it were right. all of my t's now have water dishes.

beetleman

Arachnoking
Old Timer
good for you:clap: ive always kept waterdishes in with my ts,scorps,centies,beetles also,cause ya never know:)

Brian S

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
For species that are known to either web up or bury their dishes which seems like most sp, I fill them up and leave for about a week and then remove. For xeric species I do this once a month and for tropical sp I do it about twice a month.

phil jones

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
i to allways use water dishes :clap: then if they need it they got it good for you as i never keep a ( T ) with out water :) %%% phil

Redip Spider

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
Yeah, I recently learned this lesson myself. I have a G. aureostriata that constantly buried it's waterdish, so I finally gave up and let it be.

I rehoused it last night and dug out the waterdish and filled it. The stupid spider spent about an hour drinking from it. This morning the dish was full of substrate. Go figure.

P. Novak

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
Good choice! I always have a waterdish with my Ts, regardless if I see the T use it or not. It's just a "just in case" thing. Welcome to the other side. hehe.