Warmer weather-active Ts.

kristal_kaos

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
My Ts have been climbing the walls a lot lately...is it because of the warm weather here now? And, my A. genic is very defensive...Im worried about changing her enclosure in a few months...is anyone else noticing that genics are on the defensive side..I mean she walked towards me while still reared up and fangs beared...really scary, but cool, too.

Talkenlate04

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
Warmer weather always brings Ts our of a peaceful slumber. Some of them will get more attitude some wont. I love when spring and summer come, that just means more moving more eating more molting more fun!

Alice

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
hi,

i don't know how hot it is where you live, but i noticed that my ts are more active and defensive when the air pressure is fluctuating a lot (i.e. before a storm or when it gets warm).

as for the genic: defensive is good, at least its not running ;). just put a tupperware container over it and shove the lid beneath it when it's trapped. never had a problem with ground dwellers and this method, especially not when they sit ot walk slowly.

P. Novak

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
The temperature increase causes the Ts to become more active, during the colder months they tend to be lazy and slow moving. Now they'll be alot faster in every aspect. I love summer for that reason, and that reason only!

Talkenlate04

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
i don't know how hot it is where you live, but i noticed that my ts are more active and defensive when the air pressure is fluctuating a lot
Thats funny you say that. A friend of mine has a theory that when the pressure changes up and down like that molts and sacs occur. His theory is those changes cause Ts to do things like that. I am testing that theory with him, his doing it on a large scale me much smaller. But so far all molts and sacs have occured when there was a front passing through and some sort of pressure activity.

kristal_kaos

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
Thanks for the quick responses! I love all my new Ts and love the fact that they are more active now, Im in MI and its getting warm here now so I think they like this weather, lol. ;)
My genic is a monster....I should have named her Reaper instead of Genesis:eek:

Mina

Arachnoking
Old Timer
I think so. My T's and my snakes have been more active now that the weather is warmer, and I've had a lot more moults and sheds too. Appetite is up in general as well.

arachnocat

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
I'm glad I found this post. I was wondering what was wrong with my usually peacefull l. parahybana. It's been really hot in my spider room and all of the sudden she's acting really agressive. She pulled up all her plastic plants and started making balls out of the moss I put in there and stuffing them in her water dish. I tried to reach in and remove some of the plants but she ran up and tried to attack my hand! She's never done that. If she gets irritated she usually just flicks a few hairs but never attacks me! It has to be the heat. She's also due for a moult soon so I think that makes her extra grumpy.

Tim St.

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
My G.Rosea only ate 3 crickets out of 100 i offerd her this winter, now with the nice weather iv fed her 5 crickets this week and a meal worm, she tackles anything that goes near her! i dont feed her that much maybe 1 cricket and a meal worm a week now, but the weather/seasons does make a differnce :clap:

spid142

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
warmer

My Ts, too, are happy its getting towards summer. Lots more moving around and appetite is up. A couple Ts snapped up 2 crix at once, where a couple months earlier they barely wanted one.