Wall of widows

spydrhunter1

Arachnolord
Old Timer
Decided to take a picture of the widows I keep in the entomology lab at work. I also rear bishopi but I keep them at home, because the lab temps stays pretty cool.

P. Novak

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
WOw very nice! YOu should get some closer up pics. That is alot of widows, what exactly do you do at the lab?

buthus

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
You're so organized compared to me! :D Looks good. :clap:

P. Novak

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
I'm a Public Health Entomologist, I track mosquito and tick borne diseases in our state. Here's additional pics.

Oh good, your doing good for your state. I hate ticks and mosquitos.

So, how many widows do you have? I would count your containers, but I'm pretty sure you have some I can't see.

spydrhunter1

Arachnolord
Old Timer
So, how many widows do you have? I would count your containers, but I'm pretty sure you have some I can't see.
Approximately 175 widows, covering 7 species. Also have lots of egg -sacs getting ready to hatch.

Venom

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
You'd hate to topple/ spill that stack, wouldn't ya?:eek:

Nice arsenal..I mean..collection!

buthus

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
10 widow species and 6 (or 7...IDiQ) other Theridiidae species. :wall: If I separated all the slings right now...jeeesh. :? Plus 30 or 40 sacs ...need to get a move on with them because I already have several that went off inside mommys containers. :wall:
Just got me hands on S.paykulliana. :}

P. Novak

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
Approximately 175 widows, covering 7 species. Also have lots of egg -sacs getting ready to hatch.
That is alot of widows, most I've ever had at once has been 4, :eek: and I call myself an enthusiast...

Do you ever sell widows, because I'd like to get some L.bishopi one of these days.

What are the 7 species?

buthus

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Sorry, wasnt really trying to up the anti... honestly starting to go crazy trying to keep them alive and well.
Its the fresh hatched slings that kill me. If you can just get them to take their first meal or two, then things speed up.

How long does it take you to feed the slings?

spydrhunter1

Arachnolord
Old Timer
Here my list:
3 adult female bishopi and a freshly hatched sac
2 subadult female revivensis
1 subadult female sp. Laos
lot a of adult/sub-adult hesperus
lot a of adult/sub-adult geometricus
lot a of adult/sub-adult mactans
4 adult female variolus