Voluntary H. Lividum bite.

codykrr

Arachnoking
Old Timer
hahaha....man thats sooo great. thank you! ive been waiting to see smething like that for awhile now. now for NB and his S cal.

Neophyte

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
I know several people who would pay to get bit. To each their own I guess. I've always wondered about peoples opinions on this..

aluras

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
I wish I could understand what they say,,,,It was ovious that it was some sort of news report...all in the name of science....RIGHT?

ReMoVeR

Arachnodemon
Old Timer
actually thank that guy to do some good for the hobby! Long story short is... he is proving that a tarantula bite is not deadly =) Either he got paid to do that on TV or either he decided by himself to do some good impression for the hobby. xD

//Tiago

wedge07

Arachnolord
Old Timer
He is speaking Portugeese then right? I am starting to think my spanish is really out of practice. I don't really get a chance to use it around here.

ReMoVeR

Arachnodemon
Old Timer
" My Translation": "Ricardo is goin to put his hand in front of the tarantula to prove that we cannot die with a bite from a tarantula. Right?" (then they something really fast and kind of whispering. the guy gets is hand in there .....) "And as we can see it has 2 little holes where the tarantula put his fangs" Then there is something about no bleeding and something about that it is starting to feel something about the venom maybe or he is just talkin about the pain i can't figure it very well.

PS: My translation is not word by word what they said but it almost like it in the parts that are within " ". The other part is certainly the main ideas of what they said. ( I'm not spanish but i'm portuguese and i can understand quite something )

//Tiago

ReMoVeR

Arachnodemon
Old Timer
He is speaking Portugeese then right? I am starting to think my spanish is really out of practice. I don't really get a chance to use it around here.
It's spanish :D :p heheh guess you need some practice hihi

Cheers,

//Tiago

wedge07

Arachnolord
Old Timer
Yep I really do :wall:. I'm not really fluent but I can normally understand most conversational spanish. I haven't had to use it for 2 years or more. Time to hunt down some of my old books.

Richard McJimsey

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Of course he did it to show off, he was being interviewed by the news or something... It's fools like him that give the hobby a bad name.

codykrr

Arachnoking
Old Timer
rick, as much as i see your point, id rather watch someone subject themselves into "showing off" to prove tarantulas are not deadly. my buddy came in from iraq the other day,(he is in the army) and has never seen a t till i showed him mine, when i got my versi out he freaked and said "isnt that deadly"! it took me some coaxing to prove they weret but i finally explained. if everyone only knew that Ts arent deadly maybe more woul are about them.

ReMoVeR

Arachnodemon
Old Timer
Of course he did it to show off, he was being interviewed by the news or something... It's fools like him that give the hobby a bad name.
Actually he was tryin to prove ppl that think tarantulas are deadly wrong... Its kinda silly on his part but he is himself into the hobby and was "pushing" it..

//Tiago

ZooRex

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Not really sure if I want to watch that. But it would be nice to know what the effects were.

Does anybody here remember the account of a guy who actually stuck his manly appendage in an H.lividum burrow? Now THAT dude had problems!

Rindy

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
It can go both ways- I think it may reinforce their fears, even if the fear is not the fear of death, folks may get the idea that Ts always bite. We will look like freaks (brings to my mind the snake handling religion). :8o
If there is a positive side maybe the word will get out that Ts aren't deadly like many people think.

willychon

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
It can go both ways- I think it may reinforce their fears, even if the fear is not the fear of death, folks may get the idea that Ts always bite. We will look like freaks (brings to my mind the snake handling religion). :8o
If there is a positive side maybe the word will get out that Ts aren't deadly like many people think.
I Know that guy, and his purpose is to show to people that tarantulas are not deadly as they say many myths.
But I think he is creazy

delikorkmaz

Arachnopeon
" My Translation": "Ricardo is goin to put his hand in front of the tarantula to prove that we cannot die with a bite from a tarantula. Right?" (then they something really fast and kind of whispering. the guy gets is hand in there .....) "And as we can see it has 2 little holes where the tarantula put his fangs" Then there is something about no bleeding and something about that it is starting to feel something about the venom maybe or he is just talkin about the pain i can't figure it very well.

PS: My translation is not word by word what they said but it almost like it in the parts that are within " ". The other part is certainly the main ideas of what they said. ( I'm not spanish but i'm portuguese and i can understand quite something )

//Tiago
I'm no Cervantes either...

The Title is "Something more than a kiss"

The Info says:

"Tarantulas do not kill!!!!

The bite...hurts without a doubt, but the effect of the venom amounts to a matter of hours...or days of pain...it still hurts, even though it occurred over 24 hours ago.

The cobalt blue of Thailand, known not only for its color, but also for its bad temper."

In the interview, it's pretty much what ReMoVeR said. I think the woman asks if the fangs are buried in there and he says no. She says, "And neither is blood coming out?" He replies that sometimes it might bleed, but the worst part is the pain.

The interview is right after he got bitten. I get the impression that he's saying what usually happens, as if he has been bitten many times before. Either he's deeply weird, or he's the most devoted apologist for Ts the world has ever seen.

Last edited: