Vivarium Live Plant Master List

schmiggle

Arachnoking
I've never tried growing it, wikipedia said annual. I will say that at least some plants have different lifespans in different conditions (e.g., it's possible that coriander naturally dies off in the winter or the summer). Also, are you growing it outside and did it ever flower?

Bliksoldaatjie

Arachnopeon
I've never tried growing it, wikipedia said annual. I will say that at least some plants have different lifespans in different conditions (e.g., it's possible that coriander naturally dies off in the winter or the summer). Also, are you growing it outside and did it ever flower?
Got one growing outside and one inside and never flowers but do trim it every 2nd week or so as I add it to my dragons food

Mramiru3

Arachnopeon
Anyone have experience with wandering jew? Can be a hanging plant or ground cover, I don't believe it has oils but it has a shine/sparkle.
I have a tiny viv I've made for my sling and want to add a plant but I have none that small (2x3 inches). I know wandering jew is safe for crested geckos but I have no experience with live plants and Ts..
Thank you in advance

pirminiamac

Arachnosquire
Wandering Jew there's a few similar plants that carry the same name, the one I keep is Tradescantia zebrina.
It's almost indestructible and non toxic. Isn't fussy about light or temp requirements but does like a lot of water and will grow very fast given plenty of all 3 and show beautiful colours as shown in the pic, it will let you know it wants watering by turning a deep purple losing all green colouring.
Easily propagated by taking cuttings and is pretty versatile as it can be trained to grow tall/bushy or as a trailing/hanging vine if attached to wood

Attachments

Last edited:

Arthroverts

Arachnoking
Hey all, I was just wondering if anybody has had success with keeping ferns in a terrarium? Their pretty cool looking, but I would like to find out care and propagation before I get some.

Thanks

schmiggle

Arachnoking
Hey all, I was just wondering if anybody has had success with keeping ferns in a terrarium? Their pretty cool looking, but I would like to find out care and propagation before I get some.

Thanks
Which ferns, what kind of terrarium? I suppose that means "yes", but there are so many species that it's difficult to give specifics without more information.

Melody102

Arachnopeon
This is a useful thread especially for a beginner like me so I’m commenting to make it more visible hopefully and help others =)