Species Vitalius/Pamphobeteus Platyomma

Tescos

Banned
Old Timer
versimomma said:
That kind of balding is from egg sac production. They flick the hairs from the sides of the abdomen on to the silk so the sac is protected. Im not sure if all new worlders do it but I know of some Pamphobeteus that do. She is a lovely big girl. :)
That would mean they have seperate uricating hair patches like (I struggle to remember) some Grammostola sp,? and would also seem to sugest that they have control over which hairs are flicked, or at least from which urticating hair patch or? I have only noticed my Pamphobeteus sp.`platyomma´ loseing hair from the rear of the abdomen so do they only use these hairs on the sides during eggsac production?
Did you observe them kicking the hairs off or rubbing the hairs off during the eggsac production?

Last edited:

Arachnoking

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
i didnt personaly as she has not laid a sac in my care but i know for fact she has laid an eggsac.

versimomma

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
I asked Ian who sold AK the spider. He had said it was due to egg sac production altho I am not sure this was with him.

sick4x4

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
yeah

i thought they were more purple???i know the females look kinda drab...maybe thats it...nice either way

Linda Landsman

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
It's a female, which do look different than the males, males have alot of purple, and are more colorful. I got her from Brandon at Reptist, so she is defintely what he says she is, a platyomma

Beardo

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
MetalDragon_boy said:
dont look like a platyomma to me?!
Why do you say that? It looks like every other sub-adult platyomma I've seen. :?

Varden

Arachnodemon
Old Timer
That looks just like all my other platyomma. There's no doubt that's exactly what she is.

kwacky

Arachnosquire
Harry has shed his skin. I can't get a good photo yet but he's lost the orange colouring on his abdomen and his body and legs are much darker. He's also starting to get some markings on the carapace.

He or she is about 5cm leg span.

some better photos

grayzone

Arachnoking
Old Timer
VERY beautiful T. I MAY be picking up 1 confirmed female and 2 unsexed (all juvies) here REAL SOON

kwacky

Arachnosquire
Thank you.

They're great looking creatures. You won't be disappointed. Fingers crossed you get a male. Truly stunning.