Vinegaroon Water Source

tyrel

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Will a vinegaroon drink water droplets from the walls of it's enclosure, or is a water dish nessesary? I've been toying with the idea of moving my collection to large jars, and it seems like a water dish would take up alot of living space.

beetleman

Arachnoking
Old Timer
it's always good to have a dish in there,just use a very small bottlecap kind. it doesn't take up much room. that's what i use it works great.

8+)

Arachnolord
Old Timer
I've kept one for over five years without a water dish, in a KK no less. Still alive and kicking BTW.

Ganoderma

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
what species? i often water via feeding and high humidity (for tropical sp)

8+)

Arachnolord
Old Timer
M. giganteus. I've seen it drink off the glass and suck water out off the coco fiber. Most of the time it's borrowed under with no apparent entrance/exit, so I'm not sure if a water dish would do much.

This is one of my "survivors". Several years ago I stopped buying bugs, this guy, two tarantulas, and my lobster and hisser colonies are all that made it until I started getting into keeping bugs again. I have to admit that sometimes I wasn't the best keeper with this one, but it seems super tough.

A water dish isn't a bad idea, esp. if it's on the surface a lot, but I tend to go the mist frequently route.