Vigaroon enclosure

steve66

Arachnopeon
Hi, just got a Vigaroon and I am keeping it in an eco terra tall (30x30x45cm L,W,H) Has about four inches of moist substrate, hide, branches and plenty of covering.
My question is it has claimed to the top and tucked itself into a gap between the background and the lid, is this normal behaviour? Only had it a day so maybe just settling? Any advice would be greatly appreciated 😊

basin79

ArachnoGod
Hi, just got a Vigaroon and I am keeping it in an eco terra tall (30x30x45cm L,W,H) Has about four inches of moist substrate, hide, branches and plenty of covering.
My question is it has claimed to the top and tucked itself into a gap between the background and the lid, is this normal behaviour? Only had it a day so maybe just settling? Any advice would be greatly appreciated 😊
No, that's not normal behaviour in as such they're terrestrial. The first place it should have gone was the hide.

Do you mean a vinegaroon or a tail-less whip scorpion? You've got an arboreal exo terra so I'm guessing you mean a tail-less whip scorpion.

This is a vinegaroon
8CFACC29-1114-41C0-8BA2-1B96AD93940B.jpeg

This is a tail-less whip scorpion
B80558F5-9706-47D4-876A-AE59D5C08F07.jpeg

basin79

ArachnoGod
Terrestrial exo enclosure lol
How did the vinegaroon get to the top of the enclosure?

Like I typed they're terrestrial so are usually on or under ground. Do you know what species you've got?

steve66

Arachnopeon
It's a M. Gigantea. The background has can be easily climbed on as well as a branch I added for a secondary hide and on the understanding they preferred height 😒

basin79

ArachnoGod
It's a M. Gigantea. The background has can be easily climbed on as well as a branch I added for a secondary hide and on the understanding they preferred height 😒
No. Tail-less whip scorpions need height. A vinegaroon which are also know as WHIP SCORPIONS don't. It looks like you've read the care for the tail-less. I'd take the background out or rehouse yours into something less tall. It's also worth having some of the sub dry too.