Vietnamese Birdeater

Godzilla2000

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
Does anyone know anything about this breed? I've always seen it labeled like this without a scientific name after its common name. Does anyone have any information about this elusive Tarantula?

Weapon-X

Arachnodemon
Old Timer
re

I'm not sure probaly a H. Longipedum or possibly an H. minax, i noticed that Paul becker likes to call asian black spiders regardless of what sp. "veitnam birdeaters" at arachnocenter, but who knows what they are, --Jeff

Lycanthrope

Arachnolord
Old Timer
i purchased a t under the name vietnamese birdeater once, and it was later identified as Cyriopagopus paganus by John Hoke.

Godzilla2000

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
Re: re

Originally posted by Weapon-X
I'm not sure probaly a H. Longipedum or possibly an H. minax, i noticed that Paul becker likes to call asian black spiders regardless of what sp. "veitnam birdeaters" at arachnocenter, but who knows what they are, --Jeff
Oh. That's exactly where I've purchased my Vietnamese Birdeater from. The picture he has of the spider on his website makes the beastie look kind of gray with darker chevron markings on its rump. If it is behaviorally similiar to the Asian Black then I think I'm getting another "Diva" spider. As it stands already my Cobalt still refuses to come down from her lid.

ACoopBB24

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
i purchased one of this species from Swifts as a 3/4" sling and she is doing great... she has dug herself a nice little burrow so you can guess that i really dont see her much except when she is in one part of her burrow next to the wall of the kritter keeper. she has molted once and is probably about 1"-1 1/4"....even though i dont see her much i love her all the same

Godzilla2000

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
Originally posted by ACoopBB24
i purchased one of this species from Swifts as a 3/4" sling and she is doing great... she has dug herself a nice little burrow so you can guess that i really dont see her much except when she is in one part of her burrow next to the wall of the kritter keeper. she has molted once and is probably about 1"-1 1/4"....even though i dont see her much i love her all the same
The one I'm hopefully getting (This all depends on whether he has them in stock and/or I get the Paypal thing all straightened out.) is a sub-adult that clocks in between 4 - 5 inches. So I'm hazarding a guess that they're personality is similar to the Cobalt Blue.