Vial/Pill bottle size

Darkskies

Arachnopeon
Hi everyone,

I'm a new T keeper and I currently have a 1/4 inch B. albopilosum sling and a 1/4 inch Euathlus sp. red sling. The albopilosum is in a vial that's filled with vermiculite as the vendor who sold her to me had ran out of coco fiber. I've been meaning to transfer the sling to a new vial filled with coco fiber but I'm having a hard time finding the right sized container. I went to CVS and Walgreens pharmacies but they stated that they didn't have empty pill bottles and I got the impression that it was their policy to not give any out for free. I've been looking on Amazon but I can't tell what size pill bottle I should get. Can someone send me a link to Amazon with a set of pill bottles that would be of the right size and diameter? Better yet, if anyone could direct me to a chain store or location where I could find the appropriately sized vial or container so that I wouldn't have to pay for a whole set of vials from Amazon, that would be great. Thanks!

DeanK

Arachnosquire
You could always use a 4oz condiment cup with a lid for a sling that size. You can get 100 for like $10 on amazon and have containers for all the slings you ever buy or you could probably even get them from a local fast food place for cheap

EulersK

Arachnonomicon
Staff member
Go to any deli and order the smallest possible quantity of potato salad. It will come in a deli cup - wash that out with hot water, poke some holes in the lid for ventilation, and use that as the enclosure. To be clear, this will be too large for the typical sling. It will have a lot of extra room, but that's not exactly harmful so long as there isn't a huge drop from the floor to the lid.

Alternatively, go to any restaurant supply store (Smart and Final is my favorite) and pick up condiment cups. Those will be the perfect size for your slings. A sleeve of these cups shouldn't cost you more than a couple dollars.

cold blood

Staff member
Go into any place that sells food and has condiment cups...easy to ventilate. I rear most of my slings in them, I much prefer them to vials.

cold blood

Staff member
Go to any deli and order the smallest possible quantity of potato salad. It will come in a deli cup - wash that out with hot water, poke some holes in the lid for ventilation, and use that as the enclosure. To be clear, this will be too large for the typical sling. It will have a lot of extra room, but that's not exactly harmful so long as there isn't a huge drop from the floor to the lid.

Alternatively, go to any restaurant supply store (Smart and Final is my favorite) and pick up condiment cups. Those will be the perfect size for your slings. A sleeve of these cups shouldn't cost you more than a couple dollars.
Restaurant supply stores here won't sell to the general public.:banghead::banghead:

symbol

Arachnopeon
Condiment cups, pill vials, and deli containers are definitely your cheapest options and should be relatively easily available. However, if you can't get any for some reason, you could try a small Really Useful Box. They're easy to ventilate with a soldering iron. And the 0.14L size works decently well for my 1/4" albo sling. I found mine at Staples for $1. Not the most economical choice if you want to house 100 slings, but it certainly shouldn't break the bank if you just need one or two. :)

EulersK

Arachnonomicon
Staff member
Restaurant supply stores here won't sell to the general public.:banghead::banghead:
That's how most are. There's a restaurant supply store every few miles here, but very few will sell to me. Even the ones that are willing to sell will only sell in massive quantities, far beyond what I'll ever need. Smart and Final is the only store I've found (outside of shopping online, of course).

Darkskies

Arachnopeon
I got a 2 oz. condiment cup from a local restaurant. However, I'm wondering if the size is too big for a 1/4" albopilosum sling. Is it? Should I look for a smaller sized condiment cup?

14pokies

Arachnoprince
Hey man just go to a Wal-Mart deli and ask nicely for a condiment cup or 8 oz deli container.. I do it all the time..

Venom1080

Arachnoemperor
Hi everyone,

I'm a new T keeper and I currently have a 1/4 inch B. albopilosum sling and a 1/4 inch Euathlus sp. red sling. The albopilosum is in a vial that's filled with vermiculite as the vendor who sold her to me had ran out of coco fiber. I've been meaning to transfer the sling to a new vial filled with coco fiber but I'm having a hard time finding the right sized container. I went to CVS and Walgreens pharmacies but they stated that they didn't have empty pill bottles and I got the impression that it was their policy to not give any out for free. I've been looking on Amazon but I can't tell what size pill bottle I should get. Can someone send me a link to Amazon with a set of pill bottles that would be of the right size and diameter? Better yet, if anyone could direct me to a chain store or location where I could find the appropriately sized vial or container so that I wouldn't have to pay for a whole set of vials from Amazon, that would be great. Thanks!
maybe im reading this wrong, but why cant you just remove the sling from the vial, take out the old sub, put in the new sub, then put the albo back in??

obie

Arachnosquire
go to long john silvers and get a sauce cup with a lid. there perfect for tiny slings and their free

DeanK

Arachnosquire
I got a 2 oz. condiment cup from a local restaurant. However, I'm wondering if the size is too big for a 1/4" albopilosum sling. Is it? Should I look for a smaller sized condiment cup?
Nah, 2oz should be perfect