Ventilation

Dessicata

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Hey, I'm going to be getting some glass aquaria and want to modify them. What i was thinking was to put it on its side, so it's still horzontal, but the open bit (the top) is now at the front. Then put some holes in a piece of acrylic sheeting, and attach this to the front, with a hinged top. Would this be enough ventilation, or should i stick with the plastic tanks (pet pal thingies)?

Aboreal Rayne

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
Originally posted by Dessicata
Hey, I'm going to be getting some glass aquaria and want to modify them. What i was thinking was to put it on its side, so it's still horzontal, but the open bit (the top) is now at the front. Then put some holes in a piece of acrylic sheeting, and attach this to the front, with a hinged top. Would this be enough ventilation, or should i stick with the plastic tanks (pet pal thingies)?
Accually that is a great set-up!! I am designing one simmilar to what you're talking about. It's best for aboreals though, i guess you could use it for one hell of a burrower. But yeah, there is pleanty of ventalation in mine, I've never had any problems.

~Aboreal Rayne~

Dessicata

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
yeh

it will be for a fossorial, ad i'll probably make another for my scorpion, but it'll only be about 14" x 12" x10" if on its side.