Venomous Label or Sticker

cr4igo

Arachnopeon
Hey all,
Been hunting around the forums for some venomous warning labels. Looking for authentic or close to professional looking warning labels for the outside of my terrariums. Going for the uniform look. Any help or website direction is appreciated. -RC

Trenor

Arachnoprince
I have seen some people making their own but not lately. There should be some posts out there on this topic though.

I personally don't have them on anything (doors, enclosures ect.). If your in my house, then you have been given the spill about my Ts. If you haven't, you shouldn't be in my house and you have bigger things to worry about than some Ts.

Andrea82

Arachnoemperor
I have seen some people making their own but not lately. There should be some posts out there on this topic though.

I personally don't have them on anything (doors, enclosures ect.). If your in my house, then you have been given the spill about my Ts. If you haven't, you shouldn't be in my hose and have bigger things to worry about than some Ts.
Slightly offtopic:
I'm wondering if I should put stickers or signs on my house. There are rumours here that state that when a person enters your house without permission like burglars or so, I am liable for any injuries they get from my pets if I don't put up a warningsign. How about that for bureaucracy..
Now I only have a sign stating that there lices a cat here. Maybe I should check that with the government...,o_O

EulersK

Arachnonomicon
Staff member

I personally don't have them on anything (doors, enclosures ect.). If your in my house, then you have been given the spill about my Ts. If you haven't, you shouldn't be in my house and you have bigger things to worry about than some Ts.
My grandfather has a plaque on his door that reads "God and Guns watch over this house. Break in and you'll meet both."

Thats about right.

Trenor

Arachnoprince
Slightly offtopic:
I'm wondering if I should put stickers or signs on my house. There are rumours here that state that when a person enters your house without permission like burglars or so, I am liable for any injuries they get from my pets if I don't put up a warningsign. How about that for bureaucracy..
Now I only have a sign stating that there lices a cat here. Maybe I should check that with the government...,o_O
This is what I know of US laws and NC State laws.

As far as I am aware, they can not sue you if they broke into your home and are injured. If they are trespassing then you are not liable (most of the time). If that trespass is neighborhood kids cutting your back yard several times then unless you report it as trespassing then it can be seen as consent and you can be liable. If you invite someone in you are liable. If they broke into your house then they have no legal recourse. Usually, if you see lawsuits like that then there are other things going on that are not mentioned. Like dude was a ex and rolled up several times and no charges were filed. If that pattern can be established then you can be sued. However, some random dude in your home for the first time can be shot and has no recourse if he gets injured by pets.

Laws do vary from state to state in the US (and from country to country) so you want to check how it is for you. I asked several Law Officers when a friend of mine mentioned home liability and that was what I was told by them for NC.

Trenor

Arachnoprince
My grandfather has a plaque on his door that reads "God and Guns watch over this house. Break in and you'll meet both."

Thats about right.
I am a very mild easy going person but one thing I am very unforgiving of is people in my home that do not belong there.

basin79

ArachnoGod
IMG_0532.JPG IMG_0533.JPG I just make my own with my Brother label maker. Yellow tape with black text. It looks good and is very visible. The light has washed out some of the colour. It's very striking.

Last edited:

Andrea82

Arachnoemperor

As far as I am aware, they can not sue you if they broke into your home and are injured. If they are trespassing then you are not liable (most of the time). If that trespass is neighborhood kids cutting your back yard several times then unless you report it as trespassing then it can be seen as consent and you can be liable. If you invite someone in you are liable. If they broke into your house then they have no legal recourse. Usually, if you see lawsuits like that then there are other things going on that are not mentioned. Like dude was a ex and rolled up several times and no charges were filed. If that pattern can be established then you can be sued. However, some random dude in your home for the first time can be shot and has no recourse if he gets injured by pets.

Laws do vary from state to state in the US (and from country to country) so you want to check how it is for you. I asked several Law Officers when a friend of mine mentioned home liability and that was what I was told by them for NC.
Well, I figured it out. Our law says I am liable for any and all damage done by my pets. Even when a person trespasses into my house. Apparently, not even a sign is enough protection.
The only exception is when I plea self defense while being attacked by said trespasser.
The Netherlands....where everybody is accountable for everything....:meh:
Edit:
It is a nice dream though, sending a badass T to a burglar. Too bad the T would probably get hurt as well.

Formerphobe

Arachnoking
Old Timer

As far as I am aware, they can not sue you if they broke into your home and are injured.
Laws do vary. A case a few years back, some guy broke into the home of a family that was on vacation. The way the home was laid out, the burglar got into the garage, was unable to enter the house proper, nor could he get back out of the garage. He was stuck there for several days with no water and nothing to eat but dry dog food. The family returned home to one dehydrated burglar. He was found guilty of B & E, but turned around and sued the homeowners for cruel and unusual punishment. And won.
Be sure to leave food and water out for any burglars next time you go on vacation....

Because of the laws in my jurisdiction, I'm certainly not going to advertise that I have arachnids. Anyone entering my house will either be aware in advance (friends), or have bigger things to worry about (foes).

Trenor

Arachnoprince
Laws do vary. A case a few years back, some guy broke into the home of a family that was on vacation. The way the home was laid out, the burglar got into the garage, was unable to enter the house proper, nor could he get back out of the garage. He was stuck there for several days with no water and nothing to eat but dry dog food. The family returned home to one dehydrated burglar. He was found guilty of B & E, but turned around and sued the homeowners for cruel and unusual punishment. And won.
Be sure to leave food and water out for any burglars next time you go on vacation....
I'd really like to see the case number on that lawsuit and make sure it's a valid story. If it was in a newspaper and they did their research they should have the case number of the lawsuit which is a matter of public record. Usually when you see something like this there is always more involved then just some guy broke in and then sued.

I saw an article last week from a local paper that stated hunting season in NC was canceled this year in a small blurb. When I did some checking it was just for one small piece of game land that had some endangered birds currently living on it. Which was not at all how they presented it. I'm not saying it didn't happen but crazy stories sale and a lot of things you see passed off as news didn't happen quite like it was presented or never happened at all.

Chris LXXIX

ArachnoGod
Well, I figured it out. Our law says I am liable for any and all damage done by my pets. Even when a person trespasses into my house. Apparently, not even a sign is enough protection.
The only exception is when I plea self defense while being attacked by said trespasser.
The Netherlands....where everybody is accountable for everything....:meh:
Welcome to the "incredible" and "great" UE. The same thing in Italy. Why I'm not surprised at all about laws protecting more the criminals instead of natives taxpayers? But like an army officer once said to me... " if happens, and they are clandestines or cough cough "refugees", bury them without calling us. No one will ask for them, not even their parents in Africa or else"

I couldn't agree more :)

With locals is different, someone will question the all-of-a-sudden disappear of a deranged brother/son etc but oh well. Enter my house as a not wanted guest and meet your doom. Better a bad trial rather than a cheesy pathetic funeral, IMO :-s

Chris LXXIX

ArachnoGod
Anyway, me? Meh. I don't own inverts with a venom powerful enough to kill someone with a bite/sting but I wouldn't either put those on the enclosures :-s

Formerphobe

Arachnoking
Old Timer
I'd really like to see the case number on that lawsuit and make sure it's a valid story. If it was in a newspaper and they did their research they should have the case number of the lawsuit which is a matter of public record. Usually when you see something like this there is always more involved then just some guy broke in and then sued.

I saw an article last week from a local paper that stated hunting season in NC was canceled this year in a small blurb. When I did some checking it was just for one small piece of game land that had some endangered birds currently living on it. Which was not at all how they presented it. I'm not saying it didn't happen but crazy stories sale and a lot of things you see passed off as news didn't happen quite like it was presented or never happened at all.
That's been a decade or so ago. If I recall correctly, in was in MD. Somewhere in the DC metro area, anyway. The story was covered by the Washington Post over a period of weeks, not a tabloid.
There have been multiple cases where homeowners shot intruders, were sued by the intruders in civil court, and won.
We offer criminals too many jailhouse rights.

Storm76

Arachnoemperor
Old Timer
This page i can only recommand, they are awesome people. <3 And did i say they were Danish too :p:D:)

http://store.zooniverse.dk/product/venom-stickers/
So every tarantula = deadly animal? Naaaa...I wouldn't put those on my enclosures really. Bit over the top. Besides, unless you have frequent visitors checking on your cages, why bother? :)

Most people over here have self-made labels on their enclosure reading genus, species, habitat, max size and gender. Personally I just put on genus, species and gender usually.

louise f

Arachnoangel
So every tarantula = deadly animal? Naaaa...I wouldn't put those on my enclosures really. Bit over the top. Besides, unless you have frequent visitors checking on your cages, why bother? :)

Most people over here have self-made labels on their enclosure reading genus, species, habitat, max size and gender. Personally I just put on genus, species and gender usually.

I would not use stickers in any given second at all, i was just helping OP. :) + I know these people and they are thrust worthy, i traded T`s with them several times. <3 The only thing that i put on my enclosures is what T it is and what gender, with homemade stickers. :D :)

Teal

Arachnoemperor
Old Timer
I wrote a hand made label for my medically significant inverts... "WARNING. MEDICALLY SIGNIFICANT (insert animal)." But that is only because I like to label stuff. People are not welcome in my house lol

basin79

ArachnoGod
I wrote a hand made label for my medically significant inverts... "WARNING. MEDICALLY SIGNIFICANT (insert animal)." But that is only because I like to label stuff. People are not welcome in my house lol
I'm the same. The labels are there for me and for me alone.

Tim Benzedrine

Prankster Possum
Old Timer
Sounds like a job for a Mr. Yuck sticker. Especially if you have a tarantula called Mr. Yuck.