Vanishing leg!

favilla

Arachnopeon
Hi there. Today when I went to feed my a. purpurea sling I noticed something odd. For a second I thought she was in a semi-death curl, but couldn’t figure out what could be wrong. But no. She started walking around a bit like she was drunk (commence panic). But then I noticed that her front right leg was randomly missing. Looked all around her deli cup for it and it’s just not there. I pre-kill all her prey so that wasn’t it either. This T has also seemed odd to me in that I’ve had her for 4.5 months and she hasn’t molted one time (and she’s only between .25-.5”). I didn’t think they were particularly slow growers. In any case, anyone ever had something like this happen before or have any ideas what could’ve possibly caused it? She seems ok otherwise except just rather awkward and clumsy. Hope she adjusts to the missing leg quick and that she might have a good molt in the not too distant future.

favilla

Arachnopeon
Its common for a t to eat a limb after self amputating.

They are.......in fact they are probably the slowest growing avic you could buy.
Darn, well I was given incorrect information I guess. Was told they were medium-fast growers. So self-amputation…never had a T do that before. What would be the reason for them doing that?

Dorifto

He who moists xD
Posting a picture could help a bit to identify any possible issues.

viper69

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
Its common for a t to eat a limb after self amputating.

They are.......in fact they are probably the slowest growing avic you could buy.
@favilla
That’s what a lot of purp owners say on growth, hasn’t been my experience.

The slowest Avics for me have always been A. sp Kwitara River. They are super slow.