Vaejovis sp..

brandontmyers

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
Still doing some research on getting a new scorp, my question is, since some of the vaejovis species are so small, what measures need to be taken to make sure they do not escape. I want a communal tank, so say a 10 gal with a few scorps....what is the best way to go about doing it....

I have looked at some caresheets, but havent really found alot of info about v. spinigerus or v. carolinianus....any info would help...

Thanks

brandontmyers

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
thanks for the info....they seem to be very popular, and also easy to find and cheap....now if i only lived in the west...haha

polphot

Arachnopeon
Spinigerus were also my first desert scorpion specie. They are quite hardy and a bunch will fit in your ten gallons nicely. Unless what you are getting are juvs the 10gals is too huge of a room. Good Luck to you!

brandontmyers

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
ok...thanks for all the answers....so if say i have a normal 10 gallon tank, with no rocks, or logs, or hides for that matter, near the walls, I should be ok???

brandontmyers

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
also, another thing.....i see alot of online dealers with the more common scorps...what are the best places to look for some of the vaejovis species...should i go to the pet store, and see if they can order some, or am I better off going to a herp show with some cash??

Ryan C.

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Lokal,

Your best(Usually cheapest also) bet would be to post a wanted ad in the classifieds on here.

Also. A 10G tank is 12" tall, V. spinigerus and V. coahuilae max size is 2.5" and 1.5" respectively. As long as you dont have any cage decorations right by the lid they won't even be able to get near it.

Cheers.

brandontmyers

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
Ryan,

Thanks...i have already posted a thread, but it seems it may still be a little cool for people to have some extra scorps...hopefully ill get some more replies...Thanks again

Brandon

EAD063

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Lok.... people cannot reply to your threads in that section, but they can PM you. I'd just go shopping around rather than waiting for someone to contact you.... Especially dealers, they come here mostly for business than pleasure.

John Bokma

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
If you spray the enclosure with water you might end up with a thin layer of dust and minerals on the glass that gives a small scorpion some grip to just walk on the vertical surface.