usumbara+sand

Longbord1

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Is sand a good substrate for an usumbara i already looked in the caresheets

Mister Internet

Big Meanie Doo Doo Head :)
Arachnosupporter +
This is one of those topics that everybody has an opinion on, but almost nobody has actually done. If you have done your research on the Usambara, you know that it is a burrower, and because of that needs a substrate that can hold a burrow. Sand will not hold a burrow, and therefore would not make a good substrate for an Usambara.

You may want to research this T a little more closely if you're actually thinking about getting one... also, do a search using something like "sand AND substrate" and you will find all kinds of posts that mention using it, as well as everyone's opinions.

deifiler

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Wow regarding the burrowing thing, my murinus has actually formed an aerial hammock on the underside of the lid where it lives. It doesn't touch the floor whatsoever...

I'd like to take pics, but until I get a new camera, 1.3 megapixels won't do it justice :(

abstract

Arachnodemon
Old Timer
Throw it in some peat and you'll be fine....Maybe not the ideal substrate, but works for almost everything :D

krystal

Arachnodite
Old Timer
i've got my pterror in a cage full of repti bark by zoomed. she has created a purse spider-like funnel web along the corner of her enclosure. she loves it. it was incredibly amazing watching her build her two-story burrow...

here is a link to zoomed's website.

of course, since you have a sling, i'd go with the only peat moss standby because it's quite possible your sling will get lost amongst the pieces of bark.