Resolved Using Arrows To Navigate Tag Drop Down

Status
Not open for further replies.

Vanessa

Grammostola Groupie
When you are applying tags to your photos, you start typing and a drop down menu of options appear. You can no longer use your arrow keys to navigate down the drop down menu and you have to use your mouse to choose which of the tags you want to use.
This is going to be extremely time consuming for some people and it is going to require that people are able to spell the entire genus and species names properly as they are going to have to type out a lot more to see their option come up in the drop down menu.
Some of the tags that we are using require you to manually type in a lot of the word in order to narrow down your drop down menu to include which tag you need - especially if you are uploading in a huge genus with lots of species in it. The menu only holds so much and you used to be able to navigate beyond the first few in the list with your arrow keys and you can't do that anymore.
You can't use your arrow keys to navigate down the album listings either.

MrDeranged

He Who Rules
Staff member
When you are applying tags to your photos, you start typing and a drop down menu of options appear. You can no longer use your arrow keys to navigate down the drop down menu and you have to use your mouse to choose which of the tags you want to use.
This is going to be extremely time consuming for some people and it is going to require that people are able to spell the entire genus and species names properly as they are going to have to type out a lot more to see their option come up in the drop down menu.
Some of the tags that we are using require you to manually type in a lot of the word in order to narrow down your drop down menu to include which tag you need - especially if you are uploading in a huge genus with lots of species in it. The menu only holds so much and you used to be able to navigate beyond the first few in the list with your arrow keys and you can't do that anymore.
You can't use your arrow keys to navigate down the album listings either.
Looking into this.

MrDeranged

He Who Rules
Staff member
@Vanessa What skin are you using? Are you talking about adding pictures in the gallery? I was able to replicate the issue with using the arrow keys to navigate when trying to add tags to media in the gallery, but am unable to replicate it for scrolling through albums or categories.

Vanessa

Grammostola Groupie
@Vanessa What skin are you using? Are you talking about adding pictures in the gallery? I was able to replicate the issue with using the arrow keys to navigate when trying to add tags to media in the gallery, but am unable to replicate it for scrolling through albums or categories.
Sorry, I just tried it again in the genus galleries and my arrows worked. I'm using Rainforest.

Ungoliant

Malleus Aranearum
Staff member
As a workaround, I just have a file with a list of the sets of tags for my photos (from which I simply copy and paste the entire list).

For example: Grammostola pulchra,Grammostola,pulchra,Brazilian black tarantula,juvenile,juvenile female,female,Bulldozer

You may actually find this faster than using the drop-down menu for species you frequently submit (though being able to use the arrow keys would still be nice).

Vanessa

Grammostola Groupie
As a workaround, I just have a file with a list of the sets of tags for my photos (from which I simply copy and paste the entire list).
I didn't know that you could copy and paste them like that. I didn't know that was an option. I am going to do the same thing.

Last edited:

MrDeranged

He Who Rules
Staff member
Should be fixed now. It actually was there and the arrow keys were working. The styling that highlights the selected line wasn't working so there was nothing to differentiate what line you were on as it was showing the same color as the background.

Status
Not open for further replies.