Used unfiltered tap water to wet my millipede's substrate. Will it be harmless, and do I have to get new substrate?

princeharkonnen

Arachnopeon
So I have a 10g with 6 inches of a combo of Josh's Frogs Millie mix, The Bio Dude calcium-enriched substrate, and sphagnum moss. When I initially set up the enclosure, I didn't know I should filter the tap water before adding it. I live in DC so it has a normal amount of chlorine and chloramine for city water. I have three Narceus Gordanus that have been fine in the enclosure for almost a month, although strictly I don't know how they're faring since I rarely see them.The last time I saw one was probably two weeks ago.

I just added two healthy florida ivories and I wanted to know if I should bite the bullet and just completely re-do the enclosure with filtered water? I would be very upset if they died. On the other hand, digging up the Gordanus to do this could also be dangerous.

Any advice?

Polenth

Arachnobaron
Chlorine disappears quickly. Chloramine does not. Get a dechlorinator intended for fish or reptiles. Add it to the water you use to wet things down. Keep that up for a bit. That should break down any remaining chloramine in the tank.