US Postal Office lost a F.M. P. Metallica

Sunset

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
well theirs a guy on you tube that had the same thing happen to him he didn't get his T for like two weeks and when het got it the T was still alive. so there is still hope

evicton

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
I do customer service for a company that does alot of shipping via usps. Our 'lost shipment' policy for anything delivered usps is 30 days cause they have a tendancy to find these packages within the 30 day time frame.

Talkenlate04

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
well theirs a guy on you tube that had the same thing happen to him he didn't get his T for like two weeks and when het got it the T was still alive. so there is still hope
Yep I had a package of irminia slings go missing for over a month and they were alive somehow, so there is defiantly hope.

Sukai94

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Please keep us updated. We all wish you the best of luck.

-Jamie

SNAFU

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Probably Robc. Hopefully your T will show up O.K. CC. We'll all keep our fingers crossed for ya bud. Keep us informed on any developements.

Imbrium

Arachnopeon
Just curious will USPS or any of the shipping companies refund the value of the package if it was lost? I think it's a gray area with USPS and shipping arachnids. I see many stores list UPS as a legal way to ship Ts but it's clearly stated on their web site that it's prohibited.

Link
That would depend on if insurance was placed on the package. Then you'd have to provide proof of value, like an invoice. However, if they knew what was in the package you definately won't get a refund, and will probably be in big trouble for shipping prohibited items. It's not a gray area with USPS either.

http://pe.usps.com/text/pub52/pub52c5_006.htm#ep183913

Sunset

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
i got my Mexican red knee today by usps and the box was nice and the T turned out good. so I really never have a problem with them maybe because i live in the 2nd biggest city in cali

evicton

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
That would depend on if insurance was placed on the package. Then you'd have to provide proof of value, like an invoice. However, if they knew what was in the package you definately won't get a refund, and will probably be in big trouble for shipping prohibited items. It's not a gray area with USPS either.

http://pe.usps.com/text/pub52/pub52c5_006.htm#ep183913
I had the usps destroy a box a cpl of versi slings were in they were packed in a clear vial with straws inside the vial you could see the spiders by looking in the vial. They repackaged the vial in a padded envelope along with an apology letter. So I don't know how if this is a commonly known policy or I just got lucky.

PoPpiLLs

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
I had 2 S. heros Cast. centipedes and a 3 1/2 " G. aureostriata lost in the mail for 15 days and the arrived alive keep your hopes up.

ccamaleon3000

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
Ok this is an update i when to the office here in my town and talk to the lady there ( the good think she is my neighbor) and she when to the back and 15 min after that they have my box there all the time i was nervous when i open the box i tho she was death i pull it out and i see some blue thing and she has molt in side i was surprise that she molt but she seems fine i have a treat from her so i know she is fine lol thanks guys and thanks Danny this is for the postal office so we learn that this people did not do the job because still whit no update and whit no info about the box in they web site Thanks J. (Michigan Exotic's)

Attachments

spiderfield

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Glad to hear that she made it home ALIVE! :clap:

Now that she's molted, you should treat her (and yourself) by finding her a mate! ;)

ccamaleon3000

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
lol i have 5 girls ready for a male but my male is not mature yet im looking for one

UrbanJungles

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
I have officially gained 3 grey hairs.
(my official rant)
All the while the package was sitting at the destination PO but because someone didn't "scan" it when it left my PO, the package sat at the destination PO on a shelf. Forget the fact that there is a "to" and "from" address on the box from which someone could have sent out notification or god forbid even deliver it. But because it wasn't scanned it just sits...no one noticing it's a Express mail package. What did USPS do before scanners? Don't people there just read things anymore?

This is my first major problem after using USPS for a long time so I'm going to chalk it up to human incompetence.
:wall:

violentblossom

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
Hey, this is great! I'm happy she's alive and well, I was quite worried that she wouldn't be. :D

Jmugleston

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Looking at the picture you posted your 5 females don't have to wait... :rolleyes:
I agree with the quoted post. That female looks a lot like a mature male from the pic you provided. Maybe it's a trick with the angle, but those pedipalps appear to have emboli at the distal ends.

xhexdx

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
I agree with the quoted post. That female looks a lot like a mature male from the pic you provided. Maybe it's a trick with the angle, but those pedipalps appear to have emboli at the distal ends.
I have to agree. I didn't notice at first because it wasn't really the main topic, but after seeing these posts, then going back for a second look, they sure do look like emboli.

J.huff23

Arachnoking
Old Timer
I just saw it after you guys pointed it out! It definitly looks like a mature male to me too.

And is he missing a leg?