Urticating Hairs in Eye?

Raye Humphries

Arachnopeon
Hello,
So for almost a month my eye has felt as if something is stuck in it. I was wondering if this could be from an urticating hair from my greenbottle blue. Anyone know for sure? Eye drops seem to help.

SpiderSling2017

Arachnopeon
When a T flicks hairs it can create a skin reaction where it becomes inflamed and super itchy.

I presume it's the same for eyes, of course we are not doctors so we cannot say but wash it out throughly with cold water, and if you're really concerned book an appointment to see an ophthalmologist (eye doctor)

Raye Humphries

Arachnopeon
Alright. I originally thought it was pink eye because a few of my other families contracted that a day after my eye started hurting, but weeks later it's still been bothering me. Only my eye reacted and not any part of my skin, so it might be something else.
Thanks.

Walker253

Arachnobaron
I caught a hair in the eye from a juvenile T okerti of mine. I noticed it within seconds. I got to the bathroom where I had some eye rinse cups. Long story short, I had to rinse the eye twice to get it out. That hair can scratch the cornea. Be careful.

viper69

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
Hello,
So for almost a month my eye has felt as if something is stuck in it. I was wondering if this could be from an urticating hair from my greenbottle blue. Anyone know for sure? Eye drops seem to help.
Get to a doc before your eyeballs roll out of your head :wideyed:

Anoplogaster

Arachnodemon
I agree with everyone else..... go to the eye doctor! An online tarantula discussion forum for medical diagnoses is even worse than WebMD!

Could be something simple like blepharitis, like I had about a month ago. Same sensation. My sclera was white, which ruled out pink eye. That feeling of something stuck in your eye can come from swelling of the eyelid. Antibiotics and hot compressions made it better:)