Urticating clouds

krtrman

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
About how high up in the air do the urticating hairs go? I have only seen my smithi flick once and the hairs only went up a few inches. it is still pretty small and it flicked inside its kritter keeper for no aparent reason. my rosie flicked tonight but i didnt see the hairs. do the hairs fall back down to the ground or do they form urticating clouds that will weep upon me with their itchy itchy drops at some later date when i am snoozing on the couch unsuspecting of their malevolent hive like consciousness ?

phoenixxavierre

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Originally posted by krtrman
About how high up in the air do the urticating hairs go? I have only seen my smithi flick once and the hairs only went up a few inches. it is still pretty small and it flicked inside its kritter keeper for no aparent reason. my rosie flicked tonight but i didnt see the hairs. do the hairs fall back down to the ground or do they form urticating clouds that will weep upon me with their itchy itchy drops at some later date when i am snoozing on the couch unsuspecting of their malevolent hive like consciousness ?
I've seen them go pretty high up in the air!

When I had the chore of sexing several T. blondis and T. apophysis, I was itching all over for days! The itchy hairs were visible five to six feet up in the air, airborne like dust! Makes me itchy just thinking about it! :eek:

I imagine, though, that they settle in the area where they are launched.

Malhavoc's

Arachnoking
Old Timer
unless of course you sucomb to the evil draft who would probably spread the hairs in a good radious. But! since the hairs would be much fewer in one given area would that have the same effect if any at all?