Urgent!

Transylvania

Gondorian
Old Timer
hi if you do not want that ( t ) you must keep on to him and kick some butt you must have some say on it do not let them dump a ( t ) you do not want keep on and stand up to him / them thats what i would do good luck and do not give up === phil
Haha okay. ;) It'd be a dream-come-true if he'd let me send it back and get a versicolor in return. I love their colors, they make me wanna break into a chorus of Jingle Bells. {D

spid142

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
sling biting

In general, slings will, on occasion, dash madly around the enclosure, looking for somewhere to hide, when disturbed. But would prefer to hide than stand and bite. Rarely, a bite can happen if you try handling/moving/ maintenance while they are agitated, pretty much common-sense T keeping suggests let them settle down. A bite report from the bite section, did relate a story where a 3/4 or 1-inch? sling delivered a bite with enough venom to feel like 'finger being held down with a hot nail', was a pokie I believe. So, treat pokie etc slings with caution, but other than these and a few others, its mainly the speed of the sling .

Transylvania

Gondorian
Old Timer
In general, slings will, on occasion, dash madly around the enclosure, looking for somewhere to hide, when disturbed. But would prefer to hide than stand and bite. Rarely, a bite can happen if you try handling/moving/ maintenance while they are agitated, pretty much common-sense T keeping suggests let them settle down. A bite report from the bite section, did relate a story where a 3/4 or 1-inch? sling delivered a bite with enough venom to feel like 'finger being held down with a hot nail', was a pokie I believe. So, treat pokie etc slings with caution, but other than these and a few others, its mainly the speed of the sling .
I'll keep that in mind. Tomorrow I'll put it into a KK and I'll see if I can determine the gender. Is it possible to do so at that size?

Alice

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
ime it's more difficult with arboreals to determine the sex at an early age. i wouldn't trust ventral sexing at that size - with a molt, however, it's possible to determine a 2" sling's sex. if she doesn't crunch it up to badly, that is.

all of my pokies seem to have a habit of distroying their skins before i get to them - i have a p. ornata with 3.5-4 cm body size that i have been yet unable to sex because of that! :wall: