URGENT--T. blondi dying?

kellygirl

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
I started a new thread to draw attention... I just saw my T. blondi trying to walk (she's been chillin in the same place all day) and she is all wobbly and seems very weak. I have not be able to find that Nu-Skin stuff... I need an alternative that I might find at the grocery store, the only place I know of that will still be open at this time. What do I do? HELP PLEASE!!! :( :( :( :(

kellygirl

Steve Nunn

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Superglue Kell!!!! Go get it, that'll do the trick. Or as similar to it.

Steve

D-Man

Arachnochicano
Old Timer
Emergency

Kelly-

I also have read about using superglue for abdomen injuries. Rush and get some, and I think keeping the heat and humidity up on the high side would be good right after you apply the glue.

Good luck!

kellygirl

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
But superglue what? I mean, there is no visible puncture..... And how would I do that without provoking her to kick hairs and hurt herself worse?

And now she is starting to curl up........

This is so breaking my heart. :(

kellygirl

D-Man

Arachnochicano
Old Timer
Glue

Kelly-

There's no visible discoloration on her abdomen that may be the inury site? If she's curling up, you may be able to apply the glue with no problem. Get a bright light on her abdomen to try and locate the injured spot(s). I'd also try and get her sternum placed IN her water dish to keep her well hydrated. I really wish I could help you more!!!!!:eek:

D

kellygirl

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Now she's standing up really tall with her butt hanging down and resting on the ground and she is rubbing her leg from top to bottom of her abdomen. I've gathered up enough change to get some superglue so here I go......

kellygirl

Craig

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
if your trantula is large you can pin down cephlothorax with the top with of a set of forceps. make sure after you fix the injury you replace the t's water with pedalite.

D-Man

Arachnochicano
Old Timer
Clues

Kelly-

Is she only rubbing one side of her abdomen? You can narrow down the excact injury site by watching her rub - it may irritate the injury and draw more hemolymph out and you can nail down where to apply the glue.

If she gets fiesty when you try to apply it, get a tupperware dish that she can fit in and place it over her, then slide a rigid piece of paper or cardboard under her and the tupperware so you can lift her out. Place the tupperware, T, and cardboard in the fridge as is with something heavy on it so she doesn't stir loose. 5-10 minutes in the fridge maybe???? Keep us posted, my heart goes out to you.

D:(

The_Phantom

Scarlet O' Hairy
Old Timer
OMG, Kelly! What happened that you suspect a rupture ? Im so sorry to hear this! I hope she'll be ok. :( Good luck w/her and hang in there. :( (((((((Big Hugs)))))))))

Love, Margaret.

kellygirl

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Alright, what I found was some spray-on bandage which I was able to use without a lot of opposition from her. I tried it on myself first on a paper cut between my thumb and index finger. It stung slightly for the first 2 seconds and it was a bit sticky but it dried quickly and I have full range movement of my thumb. Can't even tell it's there.

She does not rub any one part of her abdomen... just all over. I have not seen the clear liquid since when I moved her into the new enclosure.

Craig--why Pedialyte? I'm gonna have to get some of that tomorrow because it is almost 3am and raining really hard out there.

Mina--read the other thread I started called "Blondi Juice."

Thanks for all the support everyone. I'm thankful that I have people to talk to that realize how traumatic this is both for the spider and the owner! Most people would say "It's just a bug" but we know otherwise.... :(

kellygirl

ithuriel

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
:( i hope things turn out well for you , keep my fingers crossed.

kellygirl

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Well, it's about quarter till 12 and she is still alive. Maybe there is still hope!

kellygirl

Nixy

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
There's always hope Kell.
I don't give up untill done is done. And even then I know I did my best.
Your doing a super job working through this.
I hope she'll be alright.
(huggles)

D-Man

Arachnochicano
Old Timer
Lookin good!

Originally posted by kellygirl
Well, it's about quarter till 12 and she is still alive. Maybe there is still hope!

kellygirl
Kelly-

Cool, maybe things are taking a turn for the better. What's the latest????

The_Phantom

Scarlet O' Hairy
Old Timer
I read that thread Kelly. I hope it works out, and she'll be ok. I know what yr going through though, with the worrying and sadness. We are dealing w/cancer in my cat. :(

Craig

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
if your trantula is dehydrated pedalite will do the trick. i've used it with half ded improt t's, scorps, and snakes. pedalite helps restore lost electrolytes via several important minerals and chemicals. i have the continer infront of me and i was going to go into all the all the chem. ingredients and how they work, but i realized that would take way too long. pedalite is kind of expensive, so i always use the generic stuff. just make sure the active ingerdients are the same.

i hope this helps a little. good luck :)

kellygirl

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
SHE EATS!!!!!!!!

I offered my blondi a frozen pinkie about an hour ago and I just peeked in on her and she's got it in her fangs all drippin with blood! YAY!!!!!!!!! Don't know why she's improved so much but I will credit that one to all the help and support from you all. Thank you so much. I'll keep you updated. :)

kellygirl

Lostkat

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Oh wonderful, I'm so glad :) The big girl has some fighting power left yet.

kellygirl

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Well, she demolished that sucka without a trace. Would it make sense, since it was a pinkie (no hair, no tail), that she wouldn't leave a bolus? Either way, I'm just glad she's eating!!!! :) I'm still taking it slow with her but it's definitely a step up from where she was before.

kellygirl