Update/outcome on Redknee's Molt

Bjorgly

Arachnodemon
Old Timer
I'm happy to inform you all the molt went fine and the 9 year old b.smithi is as vibrant as ever. I woke up this morning and she had molted and was fine, sitting happily sort of ontop of her shed skin. Now shes over by her water dish, probabaly getting a drink to help recooperate from the stress she went through. She is as vibrant as ever. Thanks to all who helped me through last night's scare, as I have never experienced anything like that before so the help was great. Ill wait a day or so and remove the skin. This is within a few days if not the exact day she molted a year ago, so I know what to expect next time. I take each one of these expeiences as a learning experience and a chance to enhance my knowledge so I know for next time and to help others.

It was a releif when i noticed a reply within 2 minutes or less of my original post. In my time here thats the fastest I've ever seen a post fill up
:)

Thanks again, any questions just ask!

Mark

MrDeranged

He Who Rules
Staff member
Glad to hear that everything turned out okay for you and your smithi :)

Scott

Immortal_sin

Arachnotemptress
Old Timer
oh wow...I am SO GLAD!!!
I'm telling ya, I was sweating bullets :D
And then, my L parahybana was molting this morning when I got up.....for some reason, I was nervous..must have been residue left from last night ;)

Ephesians

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Rock on polygon. I'm glad to hear the good news. Congradulations! I have two molts coming up and boy am I all paranoid...lol.

MrT

Arachnoking
Old Timer
Mark,

I'm happy things turn out ok for you and your Redknee. Looking back on it, with a positive outcome, it was fun.

You might want to think about starting to handle your spiders, if thats possible. The redknee should be easy. Just food for thought.

Ernie

Bjorgly

Arachnodemon
Old Timer
Mr T.

Ive held her once before, under stan schultz's supervision when i bought her from him...i picked her up as if i would an egg, and turned her over and then set her back down. THis was done to make sure i was not allergic. She is a bit of a hair kicker but im fairly confident i could handle her but if she bit me, she would die because my natural reflex would surely fling her agains the wall...i am naturally a bit of a flinchy person and id hate for that to be the end of one my my T's!
I would definately though one day hold her, or perhaps ill order a brazilian black as a juvie and get used to holding her lots or something.

Mark