Update for whats happening in my T world

Brandon

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Hello all,
Things have been extremely busy in my tarantula world. 2 weekends ago, I had all 3 of my egg sacs hatch on me. Putting those crazy little slings in vials was a huge pain in the Bottom. Between the two versi sacs there ended up being 215, and the usumbara had about 120. As far as my other bred tarantulas, my B emilia is still eating and getting plump. My B boehmei, stopped eating and her abdomen has turned black :( .

I’ve also had the great pleasure of going out and doing some spring collecting. The desert has been very generous, and has produced some great quality specimens. Just in the last three trips, I caught different species of tarantulas, several snakes and other reptiles. The summer is looking to be very awesome.

And lastly, this past weekend I had the honor of working with Darrin (from Golden Phoenix Exotica) at a local reptile show. I also got to meat Ernie and DiStUrBeD-OnE (Pardon me its late and your name escapes me) All were very funny, and I had a great time, getting around the show rules of no sexing ;) . I ended up leaving the show with 4 new female tarantulas those of which being. A 4 inch Avic versicolor (got her for $10, she was mislabeled) a 4 inch L cristata, a 3 inch E campestratus, and lastly a 4 inch C faciata. So it’s been good times lately. Hope you enjoyed reading.

Sincerely,

Brandon

Attachments

TheDon

ArachnoDon
Old Timer
Wow where do u live? I would love to buy an avicularia Versicolor off of u!!! adn u are so lucky to have had that many baby t's being born thats amazing!! Good Luck with raising the little buggers

TheDon

Brandon

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
TheDon,
I just posted them for sale under the, For Sale/Trade forum. Take a look there ;)

Sincerely,

Brandon

TheDon

ArachnoDon
Old Timer
ok sweet I will take a look I really want a versicolor!!!

Grael

Arachnolord
Old Timer
vericolors make such gorgeous slings....i want one!!!!!

MrT

Arachnoking
Old Timer
Your right Brandon,
The reptile show was a blast. :D
I really enjoyed talking and learning from you and Darrin.
We had some good laughs.
The sling I bought from you eats like a little pig. Its eatten a cricket a day since I brought it home. Kim would be proud of its fat butt. LOL
Ians B.smithi molted yesterday, and its 100% female just like you said.

I'll tell you guys, Brandon knows his Tarantula stuff. Don't let his young years fool you, he's on it.

Ernie

SpiderTwin

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
That is soo cool, I would love to breed my Versicolor and get some little ones. I will check out your for sale post, I have a female, I need now to hopefully raise a male for her.

Another thing that is cool is that you are in Arizona, I think the deserts are cool and I want to take a trip and go T' exploring. I have a wild caught A. chalcodes that a friend brought me back from Arizona.

Good luck with your little ones.

Brandon

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Thank you to everyone.

Ernie,
Yea I was pretty sure that the second B smithi was female, looked pretty good to me. Looks like between the two of you, you will be having long living pets. Im glad your versi is eating. Iv just started to go through all of mine, all 160 that i have left. What a pain.

Sincerely,

Brandon

Immortal_sin

Arachnotemptress
Old Timer
go Brandon!!!!
that is awesome :)
Mine (versi slings) are darkening, and will probably molt into 1st instar in a bit more than a week. You male sure produced, didn't he?!
Thanks for the update!
Holley

MizM

Arachnoprincess
Old Timer
Originally posted by Brandon
I’ve also had the great pleasure of going out and doing some spring collecting. The desert has been very generous, and has produced some great quality specimens. Just in the last three trips, I caught different species of tarantulas, several snakes and other reptiles. The summer is looking to be very awesome.
What species did you catch? Both sexes? (I'm planning on a trip when it REALLY warms up!)

I ended up leaving the show with 4 new female tarantulas those of which being. A 4 inch Avic versicolor (got her for $10, she was mislabeled) a 4 inch L cristata, a 3 inch E campestratus, and lastly a 4 inch C faciata. So it’s been good times lately. Hope you enjoyed reading. [/B]

Enjoyed much!! Hey guys, that's ONE good thing about common names... these pet store guys DO NOT know what they have or how much they're worth. GREAT deal on the a. versi!!!

DiStUrBeD-OnE

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
That B. Smithi is lookin so sweet now:D
lol.. i was sittin here feedin that avic i got from ya, and i just now noticed she only has 7 legs, That means she should of been half price! ;P

But its as much of a pig as ernies, dropped 5 pinheads in there and she plucked em all up

That exibit was awesome.. cant wait for the next one to come down here:D

MizM

Arachnoprincess
Old Timer
Actually, she should have been double price, since the 8th leg is inside and ready to pop out during the next molt!!!!:D

DiStUrBeD-OnE

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
Hmm...im catching myself trying to find my little 7-legged friend in that pic ;P
But it was already a good price for the slings, 15 bucks=D
I gotta ask.. whats with the grayish sling on the left side of the pic? Not as aged as the other ones or what?

Ian

Last edited:

wayneo

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
Congrats Brandon!!

Ian that sling on the left looks like a fresh molted one to me.

Wayne H

Brandon

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
MizM
Not sure what species it was, looks like a super blonde A chalcodes. Defentally something diffrent. I did catch both sexes the male is inmature. I try to make a rule of only taking 2-3 t's from each local.

BTW, the $15 deal was a show special, and did go up to 20 the next day. So saterday was the day to get them ;)

That leg should grow back no probs next molt and you will never know it had lost it in the first place.

Thanks ALL

Sincerely,

Brandon