Unphotogenic Ts.

skinheaddave

SkorpionSkin
Arachnosupporter +
Hey everyone,

I've spent some time now browsing the web looking at T pictures. I noticed that A.seemanni pictures are, on the whole, pretty poor. They get that appearance of grey where the blue is, just like H.lividum. What other species suffer from this same problem or some other problem that makes their pictures a poor representation of reality?

Cheers,
Dave

conipto

ArachnoPrincess
Old Timer
In my opinion, despite the really nice pics you see, A. versicolor suffers from this as well. The pics usually seem to have a much more greenish tint to the blue, when (atleast on mine) in reality it's darn close to being as deep as the cobalt blue's coloring is.

Also, many new worlders, especially the one's that don't kick often, suffer from a pit of photoreflectivity on the abdomen. most tigerrump pics I see (including all but one of those I have taken of mine) show a bit gold circle right there on the abdomen, that is really only visible from a certain angle to the naked eye.

On the other side of the coin, since you mentioned H. lividum.. I think flash photography really makes them look even better than they do to the naked eye. I think some of the really nice pics of them (like that infamous one Tom Schumm took that's been spread around a WEE bit on the net :)) are what make people get them, and though they are truly beautiful, I think alot of people are let down by the coloring when they get them.

Bill

safetypinup

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
I've had the same problem with some of the Poecilotheria spp., namely P. regalis. It's hard to get those irridescent whites and greys to show up perfectly--the flash always gives them a yellowish tint :\

conipto

ArachnoPrincess
Old Timer
Originally posted by safetypinup
I've had the same problem with some of the Poecilotheria spp., namely P. regalis. It's hard to get those irridescent whites and greys to show up perfectly--the flash always gives them a yellowish tint :\
Hey there..

I saw your pokey in the 'biggest' thread.. I see what you mean. I think it may be your camera.. My pokes usually photograph very true to color..

Anyone else had that problem?

Bill

safetypinup

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
I doubt it's the camera....I think it's just the lighting, really.......
If I was to take her outside, she'd probably look the way she's supposed to....And then she'd probably run away, and I'd never find her. heh.......