Unknown versicolor molted

ballpython2

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
am I the only one who has A T (specifically a versicolor) that at one point in time didn't even know it was in pre - molt? Cause I just went in my T walk in closet and I picked up one of my versicolors' enclosures and I was about to clean it out cause it has like dirty water mixed with dead crickets in there so I wanted to take it out. So I go pick it up off the top shelf and I see one versicolor on the wall and a second one (the molt) on the floor. I was like uhhh ok cause it really caught me by surprise. I guess since my walk in closet is usually always very humid (probably why my costa rican tiger rump just decided to stop living and die on me) and its always warm in there that could be why it molted so fast and had a quick pre-molt time...Correct?:?

Talkenlate04

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
I am kinda lost. So to sum it all up you found a molt from a T?

And yes warmer temps and lots of food increases growth in general.

ballpython2

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
I am kinda lost. So to sum it all up you found a molt from a T?

And yes warmer temps and lots of food increases growth in general.
yea molt from a T I didn't even know was in pre molt because the pre - molt and the molt time happened so quickly.

however my other versicolor that's around the same size as my other one that molted (before it molted) is now a dark, dark, blue does this mean its in pre- molt?

Talkenlate04

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
Darkening and fading of colors are a good sign of premolt. You should test my flashlight theory. With a led flashlight you should be able to see the new exo growing under the current one. I use it all the time now and I get within days of predicting the actual molt.

Masurai

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
With a led flashlight you should be able to see the new exo growing under the current one. I use it all the time now and I get within days of predicting the actual molt.
that's pretty cool. how close do you have to get the flashlight to the T

Talkenlate04

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
You can shine it through the tank you have the T in and just look at the legs from the other side. You dont have to invade or bother the T at all.