Problem Unable to ignore member, error.

Ungoliant

Malleus Aranearum
Staff member
The error message says that you are already ignoring that member. When you check your list of ignored members, are they on it? If so, are you still seeing their posts when you are logged into Arachnoboards?

Ungoliant

Malleus Aranearum
Staff member
They are not on the list, and yes I still see their posts.
I tried ignoring you (by opening your profile and clicking “Ignore”), and it seems to be working.

Which web browser are you using? Is it a desktop version or a mobile version? Are you using any script-blocking extensions?

Richard McJimsey

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
The user is suddenly on my Ignore list, whatever issue was occurring has been resolved (no clue what changed lol)

The Snark

Dumpster Fire of the Gods
Old Timer
Query in regards to this thread topic. I briefly used the Ignore Member feature. As I recall, I received notifications, Alerts, from Ignored Member. Was this a glitch as it appears happened to the OP of this thread, or a loophole exploited (repeatedly)?

Arachnopets

Arachnoboards Team
Staff member
Ignoring a member will not stop any notifications. It will only stop you from automatically seeing any content from them.

The Snark

Dumpster Fire of the Gods
Old Timer
Ignoring a member will not stop any notifications. It will only stop you from automatically seeing any content from them.
So a loophole where members can abuse other members, deliberately defeating the ignore feature.

Arachnopets

Arachnoboards Team
Staff member
So a loophole where members can abuse other members, deliberately defeating the ignore feature.
It's not a loophole. It's how the software works. We didn't write the software, we just use it. Feel free to take it up with XenForo.