Um...is cat kibble harmless for tailless whips to eat?

Ghoul

Arachnosquire
I put a piece of dry cat food into my whips enclosure for my cleaning crew isopods to munch on, it got wet from the moisture and the isopods enjoyed it. Now I just looked into the enclosure and saw my Damon diadema Benji holding the piece of cat kibble like a hamburger and eating it. He's never done this before, weirdo. Is that harmless for him?

Ghoul

Arachnosquire
I don't know, they put cereals in that stuff, that doesn't count as part of his natural diet :d

Last edited:

wizentrop

to the rescue!
Old Timer
Amblypygi will consume dead arthropods (if still fresh) so I cannot say I am surprised. However, I do not know the implications of such a diet in the long run on the health of your whip spider. This would make a nice experiment. I'll see if I can set it up with a couple of my amblys.

Ghoul

Arachnosquire
Amblypygi will consume dead arthropods (if still fresh) so I cannot say I am surprised. However, I do not know the implications of such a diet in the long run on the health of your whip spider. This would make a nice experiment. I'll see if I can set it up with a couple of my amblys.
That would certainly be interesting!
Benji is my first and only whip so I get worried about him easily ;;