Uhh what was that?

ballpython2

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
i went into my tarantula walk in closet and I seen what looked like my P cambridgei to be twice the size it was when it first went in there... I think it was like the size of my hand but it basically disappeared back into its hide again when i went to pick up the jar..If/when I can I'll try to get some pictures...maybe it just looked big cause i was looking at it from the bottom and haven't seen it in sooo long from any view lol..Upon futher insepection I noticed what was two parts of of a tarantula in a one tarantula occupant enclosure. So what's going on here? Well, just that my baby molted. It had be sometime last night between 2-30pm and 12-27am because that's when I got home from work.

Last edited:

Alice

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
well, they can make huge size jumps from molt to molt. the parts are most likely parts of the exuvium. my cyriopagopus blue female always destroys her molts and leaves the pieces all over the tank. the first time i saw this, i nearly had a heart attack because i thought she was dead and the crix tore her apart :8o

spid142

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
exuvium parts

Yeah, my obt tore up her molt last time, and stuck parts of it all over her tube web. Decorating it, I guess. She also clumps leftover boluses and stick em on the web too. At least her web isnt all white.:D

ShadowBlade

Planeswalker
Old Timer
Many species rip apart their exuviums and camoflauge their web with it. P. cambridgei also grow VERY quickly.

-Sean