Ughhhh

Bugs In Cyberspace

Arachnodemon
Old Timer
In your original post you mentioned cleaning out the frass. This isn't terribly necessary to do on even a monthly basis. Some people go years to the point it becomes the substrate for their tanks (or buckets, etc.). It may boil down to whether your parents can see it through, say, a glass aquarium. Consider the statement "out of sight, out of mind". Maybe your parents would be more at ease if you kept them in super-secure, opaque buckets.

As for the parent issue, memory recalls a hilarious animated banner that Darrin from Golden Phoenix Exotica used to run on Petbugs. It flashed three panels, one at a time:

Mom said "no"
Dad said "when you're older"
The Time is Now!

Jam Reptiles

Arachnopeon
Just a little add, i would over emphasize what travis said, as well as the math. I'm doing a minor right now, and you need those. chemistry, biology and maths up to calculus. sometimes you can get away with statistics, but i think thats much more boring.

keep up the good work, study hard and work on your buisness when you can.

Well if I do go to collage witch I want to I don't think I want to do it in anything or to make it up into me having bugs lol. It would be cool but realisticly I'm not gonna do anything like that when I get older. Plus all my friends will kick my ass if I make it to where I'm only a indoor bug boy lol. {D

Midknight xrs

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
Well, if you're friends would beat you up for being a bug guy, i would rethink those friends lol.

I have a friend who works for fedex and they have some agents that just check all live animal and imports for all sorts of critters and illegal objects. i think they make $50k+ a year.

Jam Reptiles

Arachnopeon
Well, if you're friends would beat you up for being a bug guy, i would rethink those friends lol.

I have a friend who works for fedex and they have some agents that just check all live animal and imports for all sorts of critters and illegal objects. i think they make $50k+ a year.[/QUOTE

Haha I just think being a "bug boy" would be normal and idk just hard to explain with out offending anyone on the forum.

Vfox

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Haha I just think being a "bug boy" would be normal and idk just hard to explain with out offending anyone on the forum.
If you mean "that weird kid with the bugs" then I and most of us are already there, lol. I was known as "the bug guy" at college, I'm an artist (sculpture and jewelry mainly) and I was the studio assistant in the metals lab at school. That means I had my own desk which also had a cork board. I covered my board in insects and made lots of insect related jewelry. I even started being "gifted" dead bugs found around campus. Some were creeped out and some loved it, but everyone knew me...either good or bad. So I embraced it...and I love the title. Even now my students know who to ask when they want to know about a bug, not the bio teacher, me. You've got loads of time to make a good name for yourself, even if that includes insects. :p