Two pinktoes. One enclosure.

SkyeSpider

Spider Queen
Old Timer
Well, since my bearded dragons have finally moved in together (see post The Like Each Other! in the Watering Hole), I have a spare 20 gallon terrarium. I also happen to have a male and female A. avicularia :) Tomorrow, I think I'll be setting the 20 gallon up for two fuzzies.

Does anyone have advice on how to put each one into the tank? I was thinking setting up hides on each side, then putting each spider on/in the hide. Will I need more than two hides? I was thinking three would be best.

-Bryan

Exodus

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
I have no advice...But that is a pretty cool and lucky situation.

Bearacuda42

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
Pinktoes..

About 9 years ago i had 5 pinktoes that i put into a 20gal long tank and i had put fake vines on the inside and 2 cork bark tubes one in each diffrent corner and made sure that the tank was standing verticle so that they had room to move around and i used a tiny bird water dish that had these wiers to clip on the corkbark tube so they had away of getting water with out going anywhere else in the cage and they thrived for along lone time like that molted well and even bred in there was really cool.. I never had a prob putting them all in at the same time.. Just make sure you have some kinda plants in there for them to run and hide in as you put them in,, but they should do very well this way... ;P ;P =D hope this helps some...

Attachments

Last edited:

SkyeSpider

Spider Queen
Old Timer
Well, I couldn't wait ;)

Below is a picture of the setup my pinktoes are in. I left each one with their prefered hide (the female is on the corkbark in the top-left, the male is in the stonehenge looking thing on the bottom-right). I included lots of hides, and will be adding a few plastic plants, soon.

I threw a bunch of crickets in after the spiders seemed settled. They ate the other day, but I figured it's best to keep them very well fed.

Any extra advice is COMPLETELY welcome :) This is a learning process for me, right now.

-Bryan

Attachments

JacenBeers

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
This has been my ultimate goal ever since I started being a tarantula keeper. I might go down to Value Village and get a 20 gallon soon to prepare but it will be a long time before I come across another pinktoe.

SkyeSpider

Spider Queen
Old Timer
This morning, the pinktoes met! The female is quite happy in her corkbark home, but the male is prone to wandering. This morning, he wandered slowly up the cork bark toward the female. He caressed her legs slightly, then slowly backed off. She moved forward slowly, then he ran. No signs of agression from either. Such good news :D

Anyway, I thought I'd post a few more pictures for you guys. here's the female, right after meeting the male.

Attachments

galeogirl

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Great photos! I love building vivaria and I've been hoping to be able to try a similar experiment myself someday. Let us know how it goes in the long term.

Immortal_sin

Arachnotemptress
Old Timer
cool..please keep us updated, as I want to experiment myself in this area (with tarantulas, not humans ;) )
I was considering utilizing a huge walk in type deal though, I'm thinking big!