Twitching while eating?

Syngyne

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
I noticed my G.aureo being a little weird when I fed her today. After she'd munched on her cricket for awhile, I saw her sort of twitch her legs. She'd just be sitting still with the cricket under her, and then one of her legs would rapidly tap the ground three or four times. She'd sit still again, and then she'd do it again, sometimes with a different leg. Sometimes she did it with two or three legs in a row, and sometimes she'd tap slowly instead of quickly. It looked like she'd raise her leg up and put it back down in the same spot several times in succession.

She seems to be walking normally otherwise, she's carried the cricket back to her corner and her movements didn't seem jerky or anything. Has anyone else seen a T do this?

Slash

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
Tarantulas do odd things...but as you say, its eating, therefore its healthy and is nothing to worry about. :)

ratz00

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
:D Wait til you se her do th ehappy dance, hehehe. Some even drop the food for a while spin silk then eat again...:D

Syngyne

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
:D Wait til you se her do th ehappy dance, hehehe. Some even drop the food for a while spin silk then eat again...:D
Oh, she's done the happy dance before. She's just never twitched like this.