T's spending survey

Lopez

Arachnoking
Old Timer
About £350 ish, tanks and so on not included.

Mendi

Arachnowolf
Old Timer
Over $1000, but I stopped counting before that mark. It's better that way... :eek: :D

The Red Queen

Mrs. TarCan
As close as I can estimate, I've spent $750 over the past 6 years on my animals (not including enclosures, substrate, etc.) But the majority of my most recent additions to my collection are gifts or animals I breed myself.

Sheri

Arachnoking
Old Timer
I have 12, and one is out on a breeding loan. Total on just the cost of the T's is $1111. (plus taxes).

G_Wright

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Don't know fore sure but has got to be at least over the £600/£700 mark at a guess

MrFeexit

Arachnodork
Old Timer
T-money

This link will give a previous list on this topic. Mine has not changed much...maybe another 300 dollars.

Nevans

Arachnopeon
Right now I would have to say between 700 and 1000 not including tanks, substrate and everything else. And I only have 5 T's. :D

Fenris

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
Wow! Not nearly as much as the rest of you...

Probably $75 or so. I only have 3 T's right now. More with cages, food and substrate...

Code Monkey

Arachnoemperor
Old Timer
I've spent around $1600-$1700 on all of this, most over a period of the last two years.

This total includes petpals and the such since I order them online but not incidentals like peat, vermiculite, or feeders. It also includes inverts in addition to tarantulas since I keep millipedes, centipedes, whipscorpions, roaches, etc.

Longbord1

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
ive spent 150 easy on my Ts and i only have 6 i still think its alot of money due to my age.

mike

No name

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
First of all, I would like to thanks all the T's owner out here for responding to my survey. I guessed collecting T's are just like collecting stamp isn't it? There is no ending...lol

Trinity

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
Hmmm... I have seven tarantulas, those together cost about $202 (A. Avic, A. Purpurea, G. Pulchra, G. Rosea, P. Murinus, T. Blondi, H. Lividum). I also lost another $115 on a bad deal. :mad: I'd estimate on cages, hides, and substrate over three years about $150 to $200. Thats just the tarantulas.

Doesnt count my (currently) 6 ferrets (I've had 15 total over seven years) who have their own bedroom with its special vinyl floor, enclosed play area and their toys, hammocks, baby blankets and tunnel system.

Or my fish tanks, which I've kept upgrading to bigger ones over the last eight years. Its currently a 50 gallon and I want a 125 gallon (for my 18 inch long, 6 inch diameter plecostomus.)

Fenris

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
No name said:
First of all, I would like to thanks all the T's owner out here for responding to my survey. I guessed collecting T's are just like collecting stamp isn't it? There is no ending...lol
It's a serious addiction! At first I just thought it'd be cool to have one as a pet. I never once thought it was going to be a hobby of mine. I am already thinking about what I am going order next! Swifty, watch out! {D I can't get enough of these underrated beauties! I just wish I didn't have as many bills...

LPacker79

ArachnoSpaz
Old Timer
At this moment, I have 63 T's. I've spent a total of $2,008.92. I've spent a total of $1,477.97 just since December. 26 were freebies, either from sacs a friend produced, a T I was sent from another friend for my birthday, or freebies from a dealer. There's also the 14 slings from Tony's parahybana sac.
These totals are just for the T's themselves, not the enclosures, substrate, or anything else.

Nich

Curator of glass boxes
Old Timer
WOW....i never even put thought to that one (might freak out) but ild say around $500, but i bought alot of slings and very few adults.

ithuriel

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
i cant guess. i used to have 13 at one point now i have 6. i got my salmon pink for a steal at £30 :D for a 7" female. my cobalt was priced at £80 but i traded for it ;) ive had two ornamentals one of which died , those two altogether cost me £180. plus many others. i was offered a t.blondi for about £30 at about 2 to 3 inches. i know an address you see in leicester for someone who supplies to the pet trade who sells me cheaper than instore. he has a whole wall of glass tanks each one with a snake in. scorpions , Ts lizards etc.,

David_F

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Though I don't think about it too often I've probably spent around $200 on Ts so far (not including tanks, substrate, etc.). It's not too important to me how much I spend on them after I buy them though it is a big consideration when looking for a new one.