T's on Animal Planet (finally some good T- content)

RugbyDave

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
So on that MOST EXTREME ANIMALS show, they had the 10 CREEPIEST ANIMALS or something to that extent.

#4 on the countdown was spiders, but out of all the shots, I saw only 2 shots of true spiders, the rest were all Ts!!!!

They had a beautiful shot of a wild (aphonopelma?) sp. nice big and brown. I didn't get a good shot, i was across the room making some food...

but they also had shots of a couple other wild Ts, and then this girl was an arachnophobe, and they finally confronted her fears at the local Petco, nonetheless :)

She handled a BEAUTIFUL B.smithi!!! I mean this thing wasn't missing a hair and just was a beautiful specimen. And they kept it right too! no sponges (if i remember correctly!). Not like the other petcos, but man, that smithi looked real nervous (legs waving and all), but she handled it all the way up to her neck..

and man, the petco girl just yanked that thing out of the tank (i thought).

but i know this will be repeated, and it was pretty cool.

some really nice shots of some local SoCal T species webbing up and rearing back, flicking fangs... very cool :)

just thought those of you care would like to know!

check it out, some VERY nice shots of T's!

funny,i've never seen any smithis at Petco. I know they're there though

peace
dave

Frostbyte

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
May 26 2003
03:00 AM The Most Extreme Horrors on Animal Planet is the re-run . Doubt I'll make that ... so Ill set the VCR ! Thanks Dave

Longbord1

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
sometimes on either discovery or animal planet there are random documentarys and i taped 2 on tarantulas on this jeff corwin prehistoric beast thing he talks bout ancient giant cooperitive Ts and then handles a goliath pinkfoot and vists an arachnologists collection.

Last edited:

SpiderTwin

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
There have been two shows dedicated to nothing but spider and T's. One was on animal planet and the other was on the discovery channel. I taped one and a friend taped the other for me, they both had some great content and showed alot of our favorite T's.