Trying to decide on a large terrestrial

RoseT

Arachnosquire
1.G. Pulchra, 2.B. Smithi, or a 3.G. Pulchripes.

In that particular order.

seezilla

Arachnopeon
I vote G. Pulchripes as well. I love my little bitty one. :D

As for scientific vs. common names. I use both. I refer to the E. capestratus as a PZB for the most part because it is quicker to say/type than it's scientific name. But then, I also do use E. campestratus as well.

You have chosen three very nice Ts. I'd get them all and since I am still fairly new to this hobby, I'm working on getting those three myself. :p In fact, I am trying to get a hold of my local T dealer so I can get a pair of PZB slings that I've been waiting for since September.

My pulchripes only gets temperamental when it's hungry. Otherwise, it's a cute little Snoogi Oogems and is the favorite in my collection. ;)

Jasonic

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
LP for the win! My little lady is probably over 10" now, and a real sweatheart ;)

boonbear

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
I know you didn't list it, but I would suggest a b. vagans, mexican red rump. They don't get HUGE, but they are very pretty. They are very dark, with the awesome red hairs on the opisthoma.

Mine is so calm that I have trouble moving her when rehousing time comes around (it wouldn't be if I picked her up, but I NEVER handle my T's, just a personal choice). I've never seen her kick hairs.

If I HAD to handle one of my T's, it would be her. She is so mellow. They will burrow if you give them enough substrate, but are fine without it. They also eat pretty well.

Best of all, they are very affordable. You can get several for the price of one G. pulchra or A. genic.

My overall vote would be for an LP as well, though. But it sounds like that isn't really what you are looking for. Really think you should consider the vagans.

brian abrams

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
Large T

The first thing that comes to my mind are also Pulchripes & Pulchra. These are true gentle giants. Both are also striking. IMO, Pulchra more so, but are also more expensive. The other recommendations, such as Vagans, just aren't giants. If you want other recommendations for large T's I would suggest the Curly Hair or Pampho Sp. LP's and Genics are nice, but are also more skittish than the other rec.