Trying new acrylic enclosure - so far so good

waynerowley

Arachnosquire
Trying these acrylic enclosures. Found them on Amazon, advertised for reptiles but I'd never consider putting one in them. They seem pretty good for Ts though. They are cut acrylic panels that join together held with silicon bands. Not waterproof by design but a bead of aquarium sealant around the base and sides fixed that. Lid is secured so the T can't push it open. Good cross-ventilation on the sides and back.

I bought a couple at size 29cm x 20cm x 15cm. They also come a size bigger (38cm x 25cm x 19cm) which might work for adult terrestrials (no good for fossorial ones I know). I've built one and used it as an upgrade for my p. "machalla" juvenile. Looks good - nice and clear and also lightweight to move around.

IMG_4228.jpeg

Isopods others

Arachnoknight
I used them for my Isopods, they are a perfectly serviceable home ( provided you've accounted for warping and plugged the gaps with tack) now I keep bloody nose beetles in them, they are just fine

Introvertebrate

Arachnoprince
Arachnosupporter
It looks nice. Watertight ain't all it's cracked up to be. I can foresee situations where you would want excess moisture to drain off.

Last edited:

viper69

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
Seen that design- owner didn’t like them- but could be a different maker….

8 legged

Arachnoprince
Nice enclosure but I don't like the "rubber system". I still think glass is the best and cheapest I can get.

waynerowley

Arachnosquire
Nice enclosure but I don't like the "rubber system". I still think glass is the best and cheapest I can get.
I do like glass - more scratch resistant when cleaning. But expensive, and I only really have the Exo Terras as an option where I am.

Wayne

Matt Man

Arachnoprince
I agree. I get great deals on glass boxes and I just fabricate new lids. I work with the material every day and I have nice, art grade scraps. I do the same for my Exoterras

SafeTLid 2.jpg Exo 12 P2.jpg

Safe - T Small Arb.jpg