Treefrogs Anyone?

Tangled WWWeb

Arachnodemon
Old Timer
Does anyone else keep these? We've maintained a colony of these for a few years.

This is a red-eyed treefrog ( A. callidryas).

Bry

Arachnodemon
Old Timer
Sweet, I like the red-eyes. That maroon-eyed tree frog looks sweet. Never seen one of them before. I've been wanting to get myself a White's Tree Frog.

Bry

Ravnos

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
Very cool... I don't keep red-eyes, but I do keep green trees though. Been trying to think of a new way of setting them up - I'm terrible with live plants, so I have to think of something with fake ones. :) Any suggestions?

Rav

The_Phantom

Scarlet O' Hairy
Old Timer
They are soooo cute! How long do they live ? THe red eyes that is? My closet door is decorated w/pics of Red Eyed Tree frogs, but I dont even own one. :(

Tangled WWWeb

Arachnodemon
Old Timer
Ravnos: I have only tried artificial plants with my RETF's once, so I don't think I would be much help in the idea department. The ones in the METF pic are just props, and the ones with the RETF are attached to a waterfall that I later removed. I currently grow my live plants in fish bowls with water.

SS: I have heard conflicting reports on longevity. I have had some of mine for 4 years now.

John

atavuss

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
I have a pair of WC adult red eyes, and a "blue" phase whites tree frog (see my avatar pic).
Ed

minax

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
Hey!!

Whites Tree frogs are the god of amphs..!!:D I have two, they are a blast to own, my male sounds like a bulldog when he calls, can even hear him outside. I use the artificial plants with various species, they work great, just make sure to wash them well, and trim off any sharp edges, I even sand them a little to make sure they are smooth in the rough spots, the frogs love them!!:D

atavuss

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Originally posted by Ravnos
Very cool... I don't keep red-eyes, but I do keep green trees though. Been trying to think of a new way of setting them up - I'm terrible with live plants, so I have to think of something with fake ones. :) Any suggestions?

Rav
www.blackjungle.com has a lot of live plants that they sell specifically for frog habitats. I went to the frog day get together in San Jose today and they had a lot of plants on hand for sale. they also have some good information on how to set up your terrarium with live plants for frogs on their website.
Ed

atavuss

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
waxy monkey frogs?

anyone keep waxy monkey frogs? the care sheets I have found sound like they would be an ideal addition to my hot and dry herp/invert room.
Ed