Travelling exhibitions...

Storm76

Arachnoemperor
Old Timer
So, in our shopping centre there's currently an reptile/snake/spider exhibition with around 40+ specimens on display. While the cages of the snakes are seemingly nicely setup according to size and habitat, the ones of the spiders obviously caught my main attentions. Disappointed to realize there were only but a mere handful...

...to make things annoying however, is the following:

#1 Brachypelma auratum => Inside? Brachypelma smithi
#2 Pamphobeteus antinous => Inside? Lasiodora parahybana
#3 all kept dry, all without waterdish, all the terrestrials just with around ~2" of substrate it seemed (I could be wrong on this last one, but the glasspyramid consisting of all those cages didn't really look like giving much room down)
#4 Toxicity on each: Middle to Strong ( in case of the "Pampho")

Sadly, none of the guys supposedly doing the presentations was around, otherwise I would've loved to call them out on this just to hear what they say.

End of story: Really wasted my time with the spiders and annoyed me quite some all that wrong information, wrong lables. The snakes however, where beautiful animals mostly Kingsnakes, Boas, Pythons with a few Vipers (those native to Europe) thrown in between. Can't judge if those were labled wrongly as well since I lack the knowledge, but my guess would be the main focus being on snakes, the people doing this are not spiderguys who know their stuff.

viper69

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
but my guess would be the main focus being on snakes, the people doing this are not spiderguys who know their stuff.
There's a well known snake breeder, I forget his last name, Brian xxxx. I recognize it when I see it. His youtube video showed a large T in a fish tank, w/you guessed it not enough sub. About an inch or 2 that's it. He may know how to breed snakes, but he doesn't know crap about Ts.

14pokies

Arachnoprince
There's a well known snake breeder, I forget his last name, Brian xxxx. I recognize it when I see it. His youtube video showed a large T in a fish tank, w/you guessed it not enough sub. About an inch or 2 that's it. He may know how to breed snakes, but he doesn't know crap about Ts.
Brian Barzcyk?

Storm76

Arachnoemperor
Old Timer
I'm just asking myself if these kind of exhibitions are often wrong. I mean come on: B. smithi & B. auratum - how can you mix those two up?!
Pampho and LP is even worse...I simply find it extremely sad even in such things meant to educate, there's so much misinformation.

Chris LXXIX

ArachnoGod
Not even mentioning that in those George Romero's themed luna park/s the lights are always powerful, oppressive, as well for the temperature, always deranged, based on the season. At least here in Italy.

Thinking about those poor "no-substrate no-water dish" T's in such a place (and for what, a mere exhibition display) mah...

Andrea82

Arachnoemperor
I'm just asking myself if these kind of exhibitions are often wrong. I mean come on: B. smithi & B. auratum - how can you mix those two up?!
Pampho and LP is even worse...I simply find it extremely sad even in such things meant to educate, there's so much misinformation.
They probably thought a mere B.smithi and L.parahybana were too common species for their extravagant-look-at-us-exhibition...