traps suitable for lizards

lychas

Arachnolord
Old Timer
hey all going on holidays soon and wanna catch some geckos and agmids, what would be the best traps to use, drift fence traps?

lychas

Arachnolord
Old Timer
i will be using hands but some of the dragons are so damned fast, and idea on traps? its on private propety and am not going to be keeping any, just wanna take pics

K-TRAIN

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
i will be using hands but some of the dragons are so damned fast, and idea on traps? its on private propety and am not going to be keeping any, just wanna take pics
i never used it, but you could try to make a noose. you use dental floss, tie it in a knot, and then attach something to support it. i've heard that lizards dont see the floss.

What

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
i never used it, but you could try to make a noose. you use dental floss, tie it in a knot, and then attach something to support it. i've heard that lizards dont see the floss.
Mono-filament fishing line is usually a better option. It is far more rigid than dental floss.

Widowman10

Arachno WIDOW
Old Timer
or even use a mesh net of sizable dimensions. when the lizards runs on it hoist it up. (it'll have to have a mechanism of course, you can't just stand over the net and wait...:rolleyes: ) kinda like those trap nets you see in movies... (i know thats always a bad thing to say: just like the movies)

OldHag

ArachnoHag
Old Timer
We always use fishing poles. NO HOOKS! Just a noose in the fishing line, like the others have said. You can get close enough to strech a fishing pole to the lizard. They let you put the noose around their necks. Its pretty funny. Some even try to eat the noose, or the end of the pole. :D
Skinks are HARD to catch that way though, they slip right through the noose, over and over. Its funny because they let you keep trying!!
GOOD LUCK! Lizard fishing is great!

Widowman10

Arachno WIDOW
Old Timer
that's an awesome idea!! how do you tighten the noose and what knot do you use? just a slipknot?

OldHag

ArachnoHag
Old Timer
Yes, just tie a small loop in the end of the monofiliment, then pull the string through that small loop, so you have a noose like thing. It tightens up when you pull on it, and comes open very easily when the tension is released.
Its rediculously easy to catch them!! Its almost like cheating.