Trantula not moving after being shipped

MadFrog

Arachnopeon
Ok so I added substrate, hide that looks like coconut( its hidden in substrate) and background. I think its ok now. There is space behind the wood so she can mpve freely. Only thing is waterdish but there is not enought space. IMG_20200607_195024.jpg IMG_20200607_195256.jpg

EpicEpic

Arachnoangel
Ok so I added substrate, hide that looks like coconut( its hidden in substrate) and background. I think its ok now. There is space behind the wood so she can mpve freely. Only thing is waterdish but there is not enought space. View attachment 347921 View attachment 347919
One of the nicer enclosures I've seen from a beginner. And you probably put a TON of time into it....👍

One problem.

No point of the tank should be substrate to roof more than 2x the T's DLS.

So 4" in this case. If it climbs the front glass and falls, it could be bad. 😕

So....GREAT job...but gotta change that. 🙆‍♂️

Sorry bud!!

-P

MadFrog

Arachnopeon
Thank you very much! But I dont really know how to fix that. To be completly honest I dont really know what do you mean. 😂

EpicEpic

Arachnoangel
Thank you very much! But I dont really know how to fix that. To be completly honest I dont really know what do you mean. 😂
If you take a ruler and measure the top of the substrate to the "ceiling" it shouldn't be more than 10cm at ANY point. This species is a heavy bodied terrestrial and a fall could kill it. They aren't good climbers.

od podlahy ke stropu- 10cm!!! 🤣

Last edited:

MadFrog

Arachnopeon
Oh no that sucks so bad. I dont think i can do anything about it. As you can see its at its limit. I hate this :(

EpicEpic

Arachnoangel
Oh no that sucks so bad. I dont think i can do anything about it. As you can see its at its limit. I hate this :(
Damn. I just noticed its got the front sliding doors!!!...I have no experience with European style.

I'm sure someone else can give you some advice!

kingshockey

Arachnoangel
you can modify the tank by cutting a sheet of plexi glass to fit the top inside of this tank and silicone it then lay it onto its back fill it up with enough sub to be safe then you will sliding doors to open from the top with plenty of room to tank cleaning or feeding etc and they do sell a tool to score and cut the plexi glass will take some grunt work and exact measurements from you to get a good fit with the plexi glass unless you can get the place you buy it from to cut it out just be sure let the silicone cure all the way before putting your t back in not sure if that vinegar smell/ fumes from the silicone will kill the t

forgot to addd make sure to put lots of vent holes into the plexi glass to

EpicEpic

Arachnoangel
you can modify the tank by cutting a sheet of plexi glass to fit the top inside of this tank and silicone it then lay it onto its back fill it up with enough sub to be safe then you will sliding doors to open from the top with plenty of room to tank cleaning or feeding etc and they do sell a tool to score and cut the plexi glass will take some grunt work and exact measurements from you to get a good fit with the plexi glass unless you can get the place you buy it from to cut it out just be sure let the silicone cure all the way before putting your t back in not sure if that vinegar smell/ fumes from the silicone will kill the t

forgot to addd make sure to put lots of vent holes into the plexi glass to
Might be some work but when you're done it will all be worth it. That's a beautiful setup...and your Brachy will NEVER need a rehousing! 🤩

MadFrog

Arachnopeon
Tbh i think I will just take a bet and hope she wont fall or something. I know its risky but I dont have any experience with stuff.

EpicEpic

Arachnoangel
Then get a Kritter Keeper. Costs $5-$10. Fill with substrate halfway up and move the Tarantula.

Save the big beautiful tank for another species or a different animal.

That's what I would do. Your call.

Good luck!

jaw6053

Arachnobaron
Tbh i think I will just take a bet and hope she wont fall or something. I know its risky but I dont have any experience with stuff.
Thats the equivalent of buying a dog and leaving all your doors in your house open and saying " Well i am taking a bet on it not going out the doors and getting ran over by a car or running away"

kingshockey

Arachnoangel
its not that hard to grab a ruler take a few measurements then go to your local hardware store or home supply place. then give the measurements to the store person ask them to cut it out for you while they are doing that you find a tube of silcone or dap if they have it then go home take your t out put it into a container place that plexi glass against the top of your tank to check the fit if your to lazy to empty the sub out to place inside it if it fits then you grab that tube of silicone and cut the tip at a 45 degree angle then you run a bead of silicone along the edge of the tank where you want to glue the plexi glasspress it firmly to the tank can use tape to hold pressure to it then grab a wet sponge or paper towel to wipe excess glue off or you can wait until it dries and trim it off with a razor blade wont take much time at all if your response was just i dont care if my t has a chance to die as long as my tank looks cool
you took all that time and effort to make a cool looking set up whats wrong with just putting in a little more to get it safer and better for your t?

MadFrog

Arachnopeon
See your point and your are absolutely right. I dont have clear reason not to do it. But im not going to. Thanks for all the advices. And who know mby when I get another tarantula. I will do some changes in encolusures.

its not that hard to grab a ruler take a few measurements then go to your local hardware store or home supply place. then give the measurements to the store person ask them to cut it out for you while they are doing that you find a tube of silcone or dap if they have it then go home take your t out put it into a container place that plexi glass against the top of your tank to check the fit if your to lazy to empty the sub out to place inside it if it fits then you grab that tube of silicone and cut the tip at a 45 degree angle then you run a bead of silicone along the edge of the tank where you want to glue the plexi glasspress it firmly to the tank can use tape to hold pressure to it then grab a wet sponge or paper towel to wipe excess glue off or you can wait until it dries and trim it off with a razor blade wont take much time at all if your response was just i dont care if my t has a chance to die as long as my tank looks cool

you took all that time and effort to make a cool looking set up whats wrong with just putting in a little more to get it safer and better for your t?
If you know some videos of someone doing it ill consider it. Im not native speaker and cant really understand all things you are saying. And I dont really get it.

kingshockey

Arachnoangel
If you know some videos of someone doing it ill consider it. Im not native speaker and cant really understand all things you are saying. And I dont really get it.
ahh i see my apologies then i wasnt aware of that

CJJon

Arachnokrólewicz
See your point and your are absolutely right. I dont have clear reason not to do it. But im not going to. Thanks for all the advices. And who know mby when I get another tarantula. I will do some changes in encolusures.
Wow, that is a terrible attitude in any language. Please don't buy any more T's as you obviously are not willing to provide the basics for it. What a selfish person you are.

I hope you don't have any higher order animals in your care. Damn...

aprilmayjunebugs

Fiery but Mostly Peaceful
Arachnosupporter
Another thing some people do that might be easier for you to do is put a storage tub upside down in the enclosure and put substrate on top of it to minimize the amount of substrate needed to make it safe.
Or you could just put the tarantula in a different container all together.
Either way, it's not a wise idea to come here for advice and then basically spit in everyone's face that tried to help you. Your tarantula could die if you don't fix the problem. I really hope you see the error of your ways, because these animals are extremely rewarding to care for and there's always new things to learn.