Tradgedy

Tarantula Lover

Psalmopoeus Lover
Old Timer
My little 1/2" pinktoe died! :( i am so pissed off! It was a cute baby~! :( I think i put in a cricket too big and it may have killed H/She! Man it really stinks! my toll goes down to 23, and i will replace it with another t ASAP!

James :(

Beth-Tex

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
Ohhh......am so sorry to hear that......that's definitely so NOT fun........(((hugz)))...................................

Was it one of your avics or versicolors? If versicolor.....well.....they are prone to be a bit more "delicate" than other spiderlings at that size & have a higher mortality rate. It may not have been the cricket you put in..........don't blame yourself......these things do happen through NO fault of yours.

Again......sorry, James :(

(P.S.) My son's name is James also......it's a good name.:)

deifiler

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Ah well, a mistake made is a lesson learnt. Make sure you learn from it and not to do it again :p

If your replacing it, why not get three a.avics and traise raise a small colony of them? I plan to do so when I recieve my half from a breeding loan... let me know what you think!

Tarantula Lover

Psalmopoeus Lover
Old Timer
Originally posted by Beth-Tex
Ohhh......am so sorry to hear that......that's definitely so NOT fun........(((hugz)))...................................

Was it one of your avics or versicolors? If versicolor.....well.....they are prone to be a bit more "delicate" than other spiderlings at that size & have a higher mortality rate. It may not have been the cricket you put in..........don't blame yourself......these things do happen through NO fault of yours.

Again......sorry, James :(

(P.S.) My son's name is James also......it's a good name.:)
Hugs!:)
It was an Avicularia avicularia, Thanks!

James

invadermike

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
im sorry :( :( :( :( You did make sure the cricket died a horrible death right? I hope so, i hate dumb crickets. sorry again.
Mike

spiderguy

Arachnopeon
Hey james this ones from Cyrus

If you go on today (4/7/03 bring your rosehair to school tommorow and I will buy it. Sorry about your Pinktoe.

Cyrus

Joy

Priestess of Pulchra-tude
Old Timer
My condolences, James.

Joy

Tarantula Lover

Psalmopoeus Lover
Old Timer
Re: Hey james this ones from Cyrus

Originally posted by spiderguy
If you go on today (4/7/03 bring your rosehair to school tommorow and I will buy it. Sorry about your Pinktoe.

Cyrus

hey, you shouldnt post that publicly! thanks for all the condolences!

James

mebebraz

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
I just got this mental picture of you mad, ie....school bus episode, and beating the crap out of the cricket.....;)

Immortal_sin

Arachnotemptress
Old Timer
James, bummer...sorry to hear it. I know what it feels like.
Bill, thanks for posting that link...I somehow missed that thread, while sad, it was also hilarious!

Bjorgly

Arachnodemon
Old Timer
Sorry to hear about the T's.

With my spiderlings i mame the cricket and/or rip off its strong jumping legs before feeding big ones to my spiderlings.

Mark

Tarantula Lover

Psalmopoeus Lover
Old Timer
Cricket Punishment was held today in legal court.
Cricket: I didnt do anything!
Judge (me): were you in the vial with the 1/2" Avicularia avicularia on the month of April, 6, 2003?
Cricket: Yes
Judge: I see, let me hear your version of the story, go on...
Cricket: Well it started like a regular day, i was at a petco, and a guy picked me up and put me in a bag, not only did i relize i may die, but had no air in the BAG! So i see this kid unwrapping the bag, and just dumping all of us in a tupperware, next thing i new was i was dangling out of tweezers, and fell into a vial head first. Upon me was a spider! what crickets fear most, the spider was chasing me, this little thing thought it could kill ME! So i kicked it and kicked it, and it never move....
Judge: I KNEW IT! You have just admitted you have killed the spider, your punishment is the death penalty, take him away.
So i take the cricket with my bare hands, and smush it and pull it apart, and i let my Usambara eat it for me!

THE END

Well thats pretty much the story, thanks everyone again, i am feeling better. That thread was great Bill! poor cobalt!

James:)