torn off leg?!

Mamisha-X

Arachnosquire
My male G.Pulchripes just molted! he is still on his back at the moment. one of his legs are detached and stuck in the molt. the rest of him is safely ou but were the leg tore off there is some liquid coming out! will he be ok?

Stewjoe

Arachnosquire
It should be fine, it sounds like it detached it's leg to save its life when it got stuck. Usually there is little to no fluid, if there is an excessive amount you can try dabbing it with corn starch to clot the wound.

sjl197

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
likely will be fine.

keep the spider hydrated by giving it enough free water to drink.

keep the spider quiet, so it doesnt move much in the day or so while the wound seals. Actaully, they constrict muscles within the first few seconds, but then the wound cap takes a couple of hours to dry.

Indeed if you keep seeing liquid coming out, then its not sealed, and you should pack the woundsite with corn flour. Actually, you can use many things, such as superglue.

I had many many spiders loose legs. They commonly do in the wild, and most cope without problems.

Mamisha-X

Arachnosquire
Thank you guys so much :)

I was worried cuz it was still "bleeding" an hour after his leg had been torn off. I didnt kno for sure what to do and I hadnt gotten a response on here so I got the idea to clot it with flour. I figured if flour didnt hurt my roaches then it wouldnt hurt my tarantula. also it seemed to be more obsorbent than the substrate he had coated it with. it worked and stopped the "bleeding". he was ok a little while ago but he went to hide under his log and I dont want to stress him. he drank alot before he hid too. I think he will be ok and I am glad I did the right thing.