TOPIC: Scorpion Enclosures

edesign

AB FB Group Moderatr
Old Timer
Babycurus jacksoni setup

here's some pics of my Babycurus jacksoni setup...has 3 in it at the moment, and just got another three in the mail yesterday (including a chocolate morph :D). Only had it set up for about two weeks and am already considering changing it. I was under the impression that this species was a climber but i've only seen one off the ground on the decorations twice, and once was when they were first introduced to their new home and were exploring. They've taken to hiding underneath the tree stump thing on the left side of the first picture. They've managed to scrape out enough substrate for all three to hide underneath it lol. So, i'll get another tank and set it up more for terrestrial purposes and maybe do some Vaejovis spinigerus' in it (Kugellager piqued my curiosity when he posted a pic of his a few threads back).

substrate is a product called Jungle Mix...i forget exactly what's in it, i know some peat, lil bit of wood bark, dirt, and some other stuff. There is a screen lid for it, just had it off for the pics.

Brian S

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
Pandinus & Heterometrus

Here is an enclosure I keep an adult male Emperor Scorpion in. I have 1-2" of gravel in the bottom covered with a mixture of peat/potting soil. There is a tube on the left that is used to pour water to the gravel layer. The hide is a T section of PCV against the sides so I can see the scorp when I want. On the side there is a reptile heating pad I use since Emps seem to like warmer temps. I also cover 1/2 of the top with a sheet of flexible plastic to keep the humidity up.
This set up will work with all Pandinus or Heterometrus spp. I have had this Emperor Scorp 2 years in this large kk and is doing great.

Attachments

DE3

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
Yet another B. jacksoni set-up

30 gallon long tank that currently houses 15 juvenile - young adult jacksoni. And there's plenty of room for more.. I got it started a couple months ago, then did some re-arranging more recently, as I learned they prefer the more vertical hides, or a scrape just between corkbark and peat.

Attachments

Brian S

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
Androctonus

Here are my 2 Androctonus set ups. The first one with the red sand is for A bicolor and the second with the black sand is for A australis. I used contrasting colored sand for each species so it would be easier to see the scorps. Something I feel like is a good idea when keeping "hot" scorps like these.

Attachments

Brian S

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
L quinquestriatus (Deathstalker)

I just set this one up about a week ago for my Deathstalker. This photo was actually taken before the scorp was turned loose in it. This is basically the same as the Androctonus enclosures I done in the previous post with the exception I added more rocks (which are actually stone artifacts that I have found). Again I am using black sand since this is a yellow scorp which makes it easier to see. The tank itself is a medium kritter keeper.

Last edited:

NihonRobot

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
Here's my current Emp set up. It's been through a redesign, and I'm fairly pleased.

Here you see a private "grotto" that he rarely uses:

And here's his true home. He immediately dug out a burrow under this bark:

Thanks Imageshack! :clap:

David_F

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Here's a pic of my C. hentzi enclosure. It's way too bright but best I could get with the time available. I wish I could have gotten the scorps to come out but with all the light and low temps they stayed hidden most of the day.

@Brian-Nice arrow heads. You found those near where you live?

Androctonus_bic

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
My terrariums

Hi! I'm new in this forum, and I'll try to understant you, because I'm Spanish and my english level is very bad.

This is my hadrurus arizonensis keep creater.

Pandinus house.

It is all I have.

Dom ( I don't know what mean but, may be is something like bye)

Brian S

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
Centruroides gracilis

Saturday I put this together. It is a large kk with plenty of hiding places. I am keeping 5 C gracilis adults in there. I would say there is room for possibly 2 more. The scorps seem to like it better than their deli cups. They have been very active each night.

front view

top view

Androctonus_bic

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Mi pandinus imperator enclosure.

Mi hadrurus arizonensis enclosure.

And mi two enclosures together

port513

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
My Hottentotta trilineatus setup BIG IMAGES!

This is my H. trilineatus setup for a group of 1.9

wikkid_devil

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
If your interested Belfast Scorpion & Concept

There are three large Imp's sharing this home. They always insist on sharing the one hide, so I removed the others. The excavation beneath the bark is huge! The smaller tank houses Nero....

Attachments

Androctonus_bic

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
q guapo lo tienes carod.
el del harizonensis te lo has hecho tu?
Hi chulopiscinas. The terrarium, wasn't built by me, but the decoration is made in Carod. :rolleyes:

Schlyne

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
This is a top down view of my flat rock's home. It's the first scorpion setup i've ever made. This was taken before I put a water bowl in, and added some Aluminum foil to the sides. The slate rock hasn't completely dried from being rinsed either. The overall tank size is an 5.5 gallon.

I should add a decoration of some kind on the other side.

Attachments

Brian S

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
Divided Tank for Androctonus

Just set up a tank for my A australis and A bicolor. I found this kritter keeper the other day that has these dividers which I really liked. I put a pair of A australis in and divided the last section and put one of my A bicolors in it. I am using different colors of sand a few rocks as hides and a water cap.

Here is the top view. The section on the left is for the A austrailis pair and the one on the right is for a single A bicolor.