Top Ten Most Aggressive Tarantulas

MaskFac3

Arachnopeon
My rose hair hates me so much that it's ran to the front of the enclosure and bit it because I touched the stand she was on and when she bites it's not bite and let go its attempted destruction of object my b smithi is pretty bad it bit the white plastic sheets off the feeding tongues

moghue

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
I would have to say my A.hentzi he is pure evil. If i try anything in his cage he throws a threat display and if i try and move him with the brush he will actually bite at it numerous times. My OBTs just run and hide cant even get a threat display out of them.

catfishrod69

Arachnoemperor
Old Timer
I wouldnt place S. calceatum in the most deffensive list. But these would be among them

Pelinobius muticus
Pterinochilus murinus
Heteroscodra maculata
Haplopelma lividum
There are many more.

melijoc

Arachnopeon
Haplopelma hainanum, hands down. it was against the plexi glass one time and when i threw the fuzzy close to it it jumped in mid air to grab it spun around the substrate and didnt let go. I was gonna video tape it but i realized how quick it was and i didnt want it escaping.It reminded me of a snake striking its prey.

arachnofab

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
Any in the genus Poecilotheria (from what I've heard) are also very defensive. Gorgeous creatures but you would definitely want some experience before moving on to those. ;)

Stromatopoke

Arachnopeon
I have a 6.25" female P. regalis. She is on the shy side of the spectrum. P. fasciata, P. ornata will have more attitude in general. But my girl is fine while in her cork log hide.

Just acquired two 1" Stromatopelma c. and the smaller one is skittish, while the larger one which may be a male is a ferocious cricket feeder. And has shown me bursts of speed running, that are hard to realize at times.

Any in the genus Poecilotheria (from what I've heard) are also very defensive. Gorgeous creatures but you would definitely want some experience before moving on to those. ;)

BrettG

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
You cannot say that if you have only "heard" it,and have not owned any. That is why Poec's get a bad rep.While some are more high strung than others,as a Genus they are NOT as bad as people say they are.While they still demand respect,there are NW arboreals that are WAY more defensive.

X51

Arachnopeon
I know this thread is dead but... This is exactly why I have major issues with most of the members on this forum. Why when someone asks a question, do you have to correct them? Nearly every post on this thread is an argument between aggressive or defensive. Hardly anyone has actually paid any attention to the OP and his question.
I am surprised this site is still going with the amount of arrogant answers I have come across in these threads. I thought this site was indented to help others, not be a 'who can give the snottiest response' competition.
A lot of you really need to grow up and realise that there is more to life, than the need to be a pernickety bitch.

boina

Lady of the mites
I know this thread is dead but... This is exactly why I have major issues with most of the members on this forum. Why when someone asks a question, do you have to correct them? Nearly every post on this thread is an argument between aggressive or defensive. Hardly anyone has actually paid any attention to the OP and his question.
I am surprised this site is still going with the amount of arrogant answers I have come across in these threads. I thought this site was indented to help others, not be a 'who can give the snottiest response' competition.
A lot of you really need to grow up and realise that there is more to life, than the need to be a pernickety ....
:rofl::rofl:

Your first post on here and you use it to attack the whole board for being 'arrogant' and a 'pernickety b...'. Oh, the irony... Thank you for the laugh.

@Chris LXXIX I thought you might appreciate this...

Last edited:

Chris LXXIX

ArachnoGod
@Chris LXXIX I thought you might appreciate this...
:kiss: Probably the 'of best' notification alert of the day/week/month :playful:

A lot of you really need to grow up and realise that there is more to life, than the need to be a pernickety
Hello there! :)

I'm Chris LXXIX, always kind, calm and collected: at your service good Sir :kiss:

Last edited:

antinous

Pamphopharaoh
Old Timer
A lot of you really need to grow up and realise that there is more to life, than the need to be a pernickety bitch.
Correcting people to tell them the difference between aggressive and defensive? That’s not being ‘snotty’, that’s us trying to educate them. Tarantulas aren’t aggresive, the don’t go out of their way to harm someone. They’re defensive, they defend themselves when you enter their home. It’s corrections like these that have to be made otherwise it’ll spread and demonize tarantulas even more than they already are

MikeofBorg

Arachnosquire
I love my C. lividus aka H. lividum Cobalt Blue. She is a mature female and always ready to give me the business end of her fangs. I love her but respect her. The only time she really flips out is when I fill her water dish. She rushes out of her hide to attack the water stream. She burrowed when I first got her, but since I added an natural looking plastic rock hide she has went terrestrial on me. She stopped burrowing and just uses the hide now. Doesn't bug me at all, because now I can always peek in and see what she is doing.
377C294E-C426-4486-9662-E3E926A448C7.jpeg

EtienneN

Arachno-enigma
Also it really depends on the individual spider, my P. subfusca is an absolute sweetheart from whom I've never gotten a threat pose. I think she thinks she's a PZB.

AnObeseHippo

Arachnoknight
If most of the members here display the issues you have problems with, then why did you choose to pick a 6 year old post to prove your point?

For the record, this OP’s question was answered. It is a discussion board, not an ‘Answers-Only’ board. As long as the question gets answered and conversation does not get too off track, then it is acceptable.

Chris LXXIX

ArachnoGod
If most of the members here display the issues you have problems with, then why did you choose to pick a 6 year old post to prove your point?
What I absolutely love (and I'm not joking) isn't only that this was his first comment but that the users on this page present before he appeared are not anymore active here, by a long shot :)

The Grym Reaper

Arachnoreaper