Top opening tub for an avic?

CEC

Arachnoangel
Arachnosupporter
I use Exo-terra for some of my Ts even Avics.. I don't understand where this lack of cross ventilation myth came from but it's absolute crap.. If you look at the enclosure not only is there built in cross ventilation but there is also a a gap all around the door that's about half the thickness of a dime.. It allows for good air exchange throughout the entire depth of the enclosure.

If it wasn't for the cost I would use Exo-terra's for all of my adult arboreals..
Agreed, if anything, they have too much ventilation. Lol
I have used Exo-Terra nano talls for years, never had a problem. I prefer inverted enclosures but none of my Adults are in them. It's hard to find the AMAC boxes etc. big enough for adults (IDK if they even make them). I don't care to use any other style enclosure for my inverted setups.

basin79

ArachnoGod
IMG_2295.JPG As per my post in my "At Last" thread. She's in an exo terra nano.

viper69

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
is there any chance the avic might leave the lid alone?
Can't predict what they will do. I've done top opening, some web up, some don't. Some do, but after being disturbed enough, get fed up w/that and pick a new place.

viper69

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
Agreed, if anything, they have too much ventilation. Lol
I have used Exo-Terra nano talls for years, never had a problem. I prefer inverted enclosures but none of my Adults are in them. It's hard to find the AMAC boxes etc. big enough for adults (IDK if they even make them). I don't care to use any other style enclosure for my inverted setups.
I called the AMAC company once, spoke to the product manager, the don't make a larger one. They were aware their boxes are used for Ts however before my call was placed.