Top five T Breeders in US

Big_nito

TRISKELION
Old Timer
Oh why thank you! :worship:

Chris, seriously u have one heck of a breeding project. Ive never come across a person so dedicated to asian tarantulas (coz ive heard they are very hard to breed)... keep it up buddy! :clap::clap::clap:

Anastasia

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Kelly Swift is the first that comes to my mind. Im pretty sure he's hatched over 100 sp. at this point.:worship:

Anastasia had more Ephebopus cyanognathus sacs last year than most "breeders" will have altogether in a life time haha:worship:

Eric Reynolds should be mentioned in this thread too, although not much active on the boards these days, the guy bred some serious stuff.:worship:

Robc, if he's still claiming that he hatched 45 sp. or what ever it was haha;P

Chris Allen, The guy has been on a roll breeding Asian spiders that you never knew existed :worship:

And # 6........ME , but that aint good enough for this thread haha.

my opinions are based on the U.S. breeders and are not reflected of those on the other side of the pond.

Later, Tom

Oh common, I'll be honored be sandwiched between Kelly and you Man :D
oops it come out kinda funny but I can still take it, haha
Cant beat Kelly tho, he is definitely up there he got to be very close to 100 species or possibly over and that not counting multiple sacs for each specie
Am not even half way, only 43sp (not qty o sacs) for me :p, but yes Ephebopus cyanognathus is the winner, my girls turn in to chickens :D
and you Tommy, I got very quite a few rare ones that came from you
So its nice to see my name been mention, with you two long timers, Thank you :worship:

and yes, more Ephebopus coming {D

codykrr

Arachnoking
Old Timer
Tom I would have mentioned you too, but to be honest I havent seen any of your stuff around lately.

I know a few years back you were rolling them out.

My list was based on *current* active breeders.

:eek:

Mojo Jojo

Arachnoking
Old Timer
Swift is by far my favorite big online seller. I think his packing great and his pricing is fair. I only wish he would update his price lists more often.

JC

Arachnolort
Old Timer
Jmugle
Ana(where are all those breeding reports! :embarrassed:)
Kelly
Ryan

No particular order.

xhexdx

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
I'm definitely not a 'breeder' when compared to these guys:

Kelly Swift is the first that comes to my mind. Im pretty sure he's hatched over 100 sp. at this point.:worship:

Anastasia had more Ephebopus cyanognathus sacs last year than most "breeders" will have altogether in a life time haha:worship:

Eric Reynolds should be mentioned in this thread too, although not much active on the boards these days, the guy bred some serious stuff.:worship:

Robc, if he's still claiming that he hatched 45 sp. or what ever it was haha;P

Chris Allen, The guy has been on a roll breeding Asian spiders that you never knew existed :worship:

And # 6........ME , but that aint good enough for this thread haha.

my opinions are based on the U.S. breeders and are not reflected of those on the other side of the pond.

Later, Tom
This reflects my feelings too - although Jmugleston should be in there for sure. Since we know Rob's claim is false, we can put Joey there instead.

Ryan Nefcy is one to consider too.

Joanie

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
I've had a little more time to think about this.

I know he is not part of the online community but there really is no one else alive in the US that has breed more species or been breeding for as long as Kelly Swift. Last I heard (and I'm sure it is more than that now) he had produce 2nd instar babies from 72 different species.

He is the only seller I know that if he didn't produce it he will tell you he didn't and usually who did.

Bill and Bruce of the former Theraphosa Breeding Project, and Michael Jaccobi (is he still alive?) would probably share the second spot. But I don't think any of them do much breeding any more.

Also Jmugleston and Alex with Tarantula.com have to also be in the "top 5"

I am under the impression that Michael Jacobi works with Alex at tarantulas.com.
Bruce and Billy of TBP did some amazing stuff when they were actively breeding, and I think they'd bred a few species first in the US.
Whatever happened to the e-spiderworld guys?
A good spin-off to this thread would be "who are the greatest breeders/dealers who have gone out of business?" :rolleyes:
Kelly Swift has my vote for greatest, partially just because he's consistently bred and been part of the hobby for so long. So many others have appeared and disappeared and Kelly Swift is always there.

Hamburglar

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
I know I'm not on that list. However, if the list was the top 5 people who can get a breeding pair to sit in a perpetual threat pose at each other.... I would rule that list.

My last attempt it looked like the spiders were refs at a football game with a touchdown being scored every second...

Lemme see..... 0 for 43??? And counting.