Too Much to Pay for a Bohemi???

Aragorn

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Last year I was at this pet store which had a juvenile B. bohemi for sale for $75 dollars which comes with a cage and all. Is that too much to pay for a juvenile and the cage? The cage was rather pretty, though. I'm not sure if you can buy one without the cost of the cage, though.

Aragorn

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
I forgot they do have a dealer price list on the internet...particularily on this site. Thanks for reminding me!

Elaine

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
I paid £26 for a juv B. boehmei over here in the UK which works out at around $53 but that was for the tarantula alone. $75 sounds like a decent enough price for T and tank etc.
Elaine

Moltar

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
It's odd that we get so bent out about spelling here when scientific names are so complicated. That being said:

Is a B. bohemi like a tarantula that wears shades at night and hangs out in a coffee shop playing chess and listening to jazz?

Aragorn, i don't know the answer to your question but thanks for affording me the oppurtunity to hone my spoon-sharp wit.

metallica

Arachnoking
Old Timer
It's odd that we get so bent out about spelling here when scientific names are so complicated.
the quest for good info starts with using the correct spelling. if this was a were spelling mistake it would not show 125 results in a search.

harrypei

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
$75 for a juvie female and the cage, u got a bargin. or if you are actively looking to buy a male. if not, i think most people would probably pass.

Taceas

Arachnolord
Old Timer
It depends. If I remember correctly I paid $40 for my juvenile unsexed B. boehmei, so tacking on the added cost of cage may or may not be a good deal. Let me elaborate...

If its housed in a typical kritter keeper style thing that average around $10 in most petshops or cheaper from thrift shops and some peatmoss that you can get in a big bag at Walmart for around $4, I'd say its too much.

But if the cage is something you don't regularly see and really like it, or if you don't have a cage readily available at home, then I'd say go for it.

Alternately, since you didn't mention the sex...if it were a known female I'd say $75 with cage would be a steal. But since you don't know, it's a bit more of a gamble since you have a 50/50 chance of being female.

As for spelling errors, we all make them now and again. I know when I first started out it was hard to remember the odd-placed vowels in some of the scientific names, so you can't expect everyone to get it right all the time. I've seen quite a few typos here and there from people of all experience backgrounds. YES, it does help to narrow down which species you're talking about for specific information, but tell me how many of you know of any other B. boehmei or any misspelling of that? ;)

Last edited:

Annie3Ponies

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
Plus, remember when you shop online, you have to mentally add the cost of shipping to the cost of the critter! That considered, I'd say its good.