Tongs and tweezers thread!

darkness975

Latrodectus
Arachnosupporter +
I let them hunt their own food so I just throw the cricket in there and call it a day. I have the typical Zoo Med stainless steel 10" tongs that I use for maintenance but other than that I don't really need them for much else.

Steelo Johnson

Arachnado
I primarily only use two types: the typical 12" forceps and the not-so-typical inverted tweezers.

Inverted tweezers open when pinched and close when released. These are great for feeding slings - grab the roach with the tweezers, and now you can easily open the enclosures without worrying about dropping the prey. If I could find these in a 12" version, my forceps would be gone. Alas, I don't think they exist for a reasonable price.
What about hemostats? Long pair for $10-$15.

EulersK

Arachnonomicon
Staff member
What about hemostats? Long pair for $10-$15.
Funny you should mention that, I actually got a pair of those a few weeks ago. I'm not a fan. Too bulky, and it crushes the heads too well. It actually makes the roach stop moving, which is frankly impressive.

Steelo Johnson

Arachnado
Funny you should mention that, I actually got a pair of those a few weeks ago. I'm not a fan. Too bulky, and it crushes the heads too well. It actually makes the roach stop moving, which is frankly impressive.
Do you always crush the heads?