tomato worm

Rampantsoto

Arachnopeon
Just gave my two juvenile emps twotomato worms for the first time ever. I know you have to clean up the worm after they finish with it, but my emps took both the worms into the burrows. Should I just let it go or dig them out?

scorpionmom

Arachnobaron
You should probably take the remains of the tomato worms out--they could spread parasites into the cages or mites could infest the cage. For future reference, I would try not to use prey from outside unless you have to.;)

Rampantsoto

Arachnopeon
I got them at a petstore, but its gonna really suck getting them out idk how far the burrow goes.

I just checked on them and one of them was still holding half of the worm. So ill just check up on them tomorrow.

Last edited:

scorpionmom

Arachnobaron
I got them at a petstore, but its gonna really suck getting them out idk how far the burrow goes.

I just checked on them and one of them was still holding half of the worm. So ill just check up on them tomorrow.
You may, if it is not too fancy, have to dig them completely out and then redo the enclosure. Besides, if you haven't already, the might like the chage in scenery.;):D

Avery

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
It's not very practical to have to dig up it's burrow every time you feed it.

llamastick

Arachnoknight
Did they even leave any remains? Juveniles can sometimes eat pretty close to their own volume in a meal, lol.