Tokays....

PinkLady

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Here's a couple of pics of our tokays...They are actively breeding in both tanks and have blessed us with two eggs....also our green eye's did the same. So in a month or so we'll have tokay and green eye gecko babies :clap:

Attachments

PinkLady

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
If you look in the second pic you'll be able to see the tokay eggs in the other tank. I guess the tokay in this pic feels it needs to protect them too...lol

Anthony

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
That is a fine group of healthy lizards. Many years ago I knew a pet shop owner who alowed several to run free in his shop to keep the roaches down, he was in a old building. Those geckos were huge.

PinkLady

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Thank you...they are much healthier then when we first got them. I love watching them eat...they're like kids in a candy shop when they see one of us dusting their crix with calcium and garlic powder. For a treat...the odd time we'll give them a pinkie....WOW I had never seen anything like it before in my life. They certainly do deserve the nickname they've aquired....."pitbull of tokays." lol

AneesasMuse

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
I got all excited about your new CB babies...

...then I realized you're in Canada, too. Dang it! :rolleyes:

Congratulations on your clutch! That has to be exciting! I look forward to my little CB fella getting that big and pretty... and having his own little eggos to watch over. :D

Tokays are amazing geckos! I love to watch my little guy when the lights go out and he hears me fumbling around with his bugs... he's all wide eyed and curious, creeping ever so slowly over to the screen opening. You can almost hear his little "gears" saying... "Dinnnnnner. Dinnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnner." {D

PinkLady

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
They are amazing geckos! I actually witnessed more breeding again last night in the tank without eggs so I'm hoping within a couple of weeks or sooner I'll find some more babies to be. :clap:

OTwolfe

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
Congrats and good luck with your babies! Your tokays are lovely, such beautiful coloring. How big do they usually get?

PinkLady

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Congrats and good luck with your babies! Your tokays are lovely, such beautiful coloring. How big do they usually get?
Thank you....they are a pretty color and a lot of fun. They range from 10-14"s in size.

Arachnophilist

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
wow I REALLY dont need more pets.. but then again I have always wanted a Tokay and I AM in fabulous Canada.. hmmm.. I will wait to see babaes lol jjk :D Congrats on the breedings and eggs! Beautiful animals you have there.. and certainly big! what are the Dimensions of the housing?

PinkLady

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
I have 3 tanks the same size.... 2' 28"s high x 1' 16"s wide x 1' 18"s deep. One houses 2 green eye geckos (male and female) the other two are the tokay gecko tanks. 6 in one and 5 in the other. Lots of cork bark and some plants. The tanks have the sliding screens at the front and back. The back ones I've sealed off. I'll get a pic of the set ups and post them.

Wolfy72

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Hey those are some awesome set-ups..... wish i had me some like that

AneesasMuse

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
{D ...Wolfy72

PinkLady, can you post a pic of your green eyes? The geckos, I mean. I can google, but I'd like to see.

Those are some nice set ups, btw. Maybe I have too many plants in my Tokay's tank... hmmm. He has lots of cork tubes and stuff, branches going all over the place, and 2 plants... one vine and one very fluffy fern (both live, of course).

No pics either... camera and/or new pc is still stupid! :evil:

starmaiden

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
Pinklady, just a question about keeping the Tokays. Do they need to live in groups or are they happy to live by themselves? Which way is best? :confused:

Wolfy72

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Pinklady, just a question about keeping the Tokays. Do they need to live in groups or are they happy to live by themselves? Which way is best? :confused:
Well i'm not Pinklady, and i'm sure she'll pop back on here, but from experience, I honestly don't think it matters rather they live in groups or singley, groups in my opinion are alot more cool to watch, the interaction and all that sort of stuff. 1 male per tank. I generally keep 1 male to 5 females.. seems to work for me...

PinkLady

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Ya what Wolfy said...lol We have a blast watching the "kids" play in their tanks. Feeding time is a riot because with the tanks being beside eachother you can see the other ones with sad faces saying..why did they get crickets before us!!